Is Fender Next?

Caleb

Reaction score
Been busy making loot and spending time with the missus and restoring a vintage Airstream and Range Rover, traveling up and down and halfway across North America...just the typical stuff. How you been?
Well that all sounds great! I'm doing well, it's just kind of been the usual for me for the last little while, trying to plan a cross country trip myself for the summer. You gotta post up a pic of two of the Airstream sometime. How's the Mississippi mud finish on that Strat holding up? :)

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're doing well! I bet you've been pretty busy this past year or so? I'll make sure to post some pics of the Airstream when it's looking presentable, I'm right in the middle of a full on resto-mod, so there's shavings and sawdust everywhere! The Mojocaster is looking about how you would expect it look after being abused for...damn, 7 or 8 years now? Mostly the neck looks like it's been dragged behind a truck; the finish on the body is holding up pretty good, at least on the front side...I'll get a pic up of that sooner rather than later.

defcrew

Reaction score
Someone already though of that apparently..
Funny. The PRS Mayer Strat just shows a lack of pride on both their parts--John and PRS, I guess you could say. PRS is--in a lot of folk's minds--the Third Musketeer along with Fender and Gibson. There was a time when adding a humbucker to a Tele might be the biggest concession to a competitor you would see at that level. Sticking your neck on their body is weak. I'm sure it plays fine. John has always seemed to revere the old school in lots of ways. I guess he halfway does here.:laugh2:

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Amen to that! I hope life is dealing you the good cards, too. Never too many good cards in the deck.
You betcha, been trying to make the best of what's dealt. We carve out our own destiny..

Can't wait to see pics of the refurbed land yacht.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn, good eye, Kitty. 1962 International Overlander Land Yacht, not a common model...

kiko

Reaction score
Made in America Fenders are a heck of a lot more accessible to regular human beings than Gibson guitars. $1000 is pretty reasonable for a quality guitar. The price tag on a new Gibson starts getting into used car territory. For that reason, I think Fender is in a safer position. They don't act like their shit don't stink.
I agree but I also think that they are still asking too much for a bolt on guitar.