Is Everyone Still Enjoying The Epi 61' Re-Issue SG?

SAULtime

Reaction score
Looked at getting one of these when they came out - a trip to europe canned that - have purchased a few Ibanez of late now thinking its time for one of these sg's - love the look of them - the p90's, that wrap round stop bar

my local shop still has a few in various colours, would love a TV Yellow one

anyone got one?!? has the honeymoon worn off? pros/cons? quality of build, hardware and sound?

do you love it? does it get used?

truckermde

Reaction score
I love mine. I've got the 61 reissue LP custom, which is the 3-pickup SG. It rules. I did end up replacing the bridge and tailpiece, slap a tusq nut on, and ditching the buckers in favor of a pair of GFS P90 (HB sized) and wired 'em up 50s style, leaving the middle pickup out of the loop, using matched CTS 500 pots and mylar caps. Sounds and plays amazing, and is the equal of my other much more expensive guitars.

SAULtime

Reaction score
I love mine. I've got the 61 reissue LP custom, which is the 3-pickup SG. It rules. I did end up replacing the bridge and tailpiece, slap a tusq nut on, and ditching the buckers in favor of a pair of GFS P90 (HB sized) and wired 'em up 50s style, leaving the middle pickup out of the loop, using matched CTS 500 pots and mylar caps. Sounds and plays amazing, and is the equal of my other much more expensive guitars.

Thanks - you may have just convinced me - not on the 61 special either but the custom - they look mean with the better finish also, may just have to flick a couple of gats and pull the trigger...