Is Dave Grohl the new Jon Bon Jovi (circa 1989)?

DotStudio

Reaction score
It's the stuff they feed orphans.

"Be quiet and eat your grohl!"
giphy.webp

Gar

Reaction score
You think there's too much Grohl, you create a thread about too much Grohl, you instantly increase the worlds Grohlage. Now we need an anti-Grohl to restore us all back to normal levels of Grohl? Who will be that person? Do you see what you've done here?

PeteK

Reaction score
You make a good point, however MLP is the closest thing I have to social media, so I don't have any type of news feed being pushed at me (other than the age old question of whether MichaelAndrew has a problem). I'm one of those dummies that wastes my time typing "www.sportsnet..... etc. when I want to find out what's going on. When I go to youtube, I rarely log in and the front page has some sort of dance beats mix, Mr. Beast buying an island, a disney toy unboxing and a video of DG doing something "outrageous." :dude: (When I do log in to youtube I get videos of channels that I am subscribed to suggested by the algorithm like Rick Beato or Pete Thorn, etc.)

I certainly don't dislike Dave at all, but fuck, he's EVERYWHERE. A rock star is supposed to be cool and aloof and have people clamouring for more of him - instead DG has a third degree case of FOMO for everyone else.
- "oooh Hanukkah - I gotta get in on that somehow even though I'm not Jewish"
- "oooh Blllie Eilish - I gotta get in on that somehow even though I'm old enough to be her dad"

Just take a break Dave, just take a break. Go learn a new language or something for a year or 2 if you are bored. :cheers:
But myself and others in this thread have very little Dave Grohl in our lives. So obviously the algorithms have tracked you down and snuck into your life in ways you hadn't considered if you are seeing him everywhere and I'm not

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
OP makes a thread complaining someone gets too much exposure that (checks notes) gives said person more exposure.

iu

redking

Reaction score
But myself and others in this thread have very little Dave Grohl in our lives. So obviously the algorithms have tracked you down and snuck into your life in ways you hadn't considered if you are seeing him everywhere and I'm not
Then you have purposely de-Grohled yourself, whereas I just want to live in a Grohl-neutral world where there is a little bit of Grohl but not too much :fingersx:

rogue3

Reaction score
i never really noticed.I like playing These Days on acoustic though.sweet lyrics.neat chord changes.

apprenticing behind Cobain must have been an awesome trip.

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget a pseudo member of qotsa, a member of them crooked vultures, and the time keeper of The D (Tenaciously that is). Film director, mini series director, documentary maker, author, Co author, blah blah blah. Just take hit lessons and ignore the rest.

Reactions: Who

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I was tired of Dave-then I saw the? others were pushing-THANK YOU DAVE ---he is a ROCK man+++drummer in the band I dreamed of toppling!

PeteK

Reaction score
Then you have purposely de-Grohled yourself, whereas I just want to live in a Grohl-neutral world where there is a little bit of Grohl but not too much :fingersx:
That's called living in Nirvana. Grohl is there, but he's mostly in the background.

Latest Threads