Is Calling a Beer a Brewski...

defcrew

Reaction score
Back then I dunno, but these days "pussy" is a compliment. It affirms your elevated status as an honorary woman, or at least a nonmasculine male.
Yes, I assumed that's how he meant it but I drank the beer and drew my line in the sand. I may have a penis but I am fervently girlish you big, strong devil, you!

It was probably a Bud Light so I had grounds to turn my nose up as well. Cretins and their non-craft beers and caveman sports....

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
at least they're not trying to pass it off as a " craft beer "

there's a local brewery in town . they bottle the same exact beer , under 8 different labels . they do this with several different varieties . so " Golden Giraffe " is the same as " Monkey Spunk " . just different labels . I'm sure that this is happening all over the country by now

the term " microbrewery " used to mean something . gained traction in sales . corporate greed kicked in

Quite right. "Craft beer" is in an unfortunate state right now. Some are quietly being gobbled up by bigger brewers. Some old traditional styles are hard to find now as everything is IPA this and that. I'm hoping they get rediscovered and popular again.

We went from beer with little flavor, to beer that tries to outdo everyone with too much hop flavor. When Lite was introduced most people did not know what a real Pilsner beer was.

I'd imagine the majority of beer drinkers still do not know what a real Pilsner is. I need to try this one: http://www.victorybeer.com/beers/hip-czech/

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but, it's beer so, it's not for women anyways.
A4JE.gif

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I would like to know who this might be offensive to and why so if I do or don't say it at least I'll know who I'm shooting at.

Years back I went to St Louis to see the Falcons play (and defeat) the Rams. Cold day. In the parking lot there is this hockey loving hyper Northern bastard with a Bostonian accent who for some inexplicable reason was a Falcon fan. He offers me and my friend a beer and I say, "No thanks....appreciate it."

"Quit being a pussy."

I drank the beer.
:laugh2:
That would start a fight right there - I drink with WHO I want (with friends or alone) and WHEN I want. No exceptions. Like other people say, "No means no". That applies across the board to more than the usual quoted situation, and I can and WILL enforce it.

Frogfur

Reaction score
It could prove detrimental on the side of the road if you tell the Police you've had a few brewskis.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had a real Pilsner? There are two variants: Czech and German. The German tend to be hoppier, but nothing like an IPA.

Yes, I drink all kinds of other beers.

I'm just sayin' that when I have to make a choice of the various American piss yellow light beers, that Miller Lite is my choice. Over say Coors Light and especially Bud Light.

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yes, I drink all kinds of other beers.

I'm just sayin' that when I have to make a choice of the various American piss yellow light beers, that Miller Lite is my choice. Over say Coor Light and especially Bud Light.
Just messing with you.

Frogfur

Reaction score
the age old question - "Did you bring enough for everyone?" :D
When The Mexicans in the neighborhood would envite me over for a beer, when you got there you didn't actually get a beer. You just all stood in a circle and past a quart around till it was gone.
" To us and those like us"

Latest Threads