Is buying a Chinese guitar...Patriotic?

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It is convoluted.

......I guess this is my point:

I don't see anything patriotic in any of this. The worker here in the US isn't given any incentive to make anything, we don't have any incentive to sell anything unless it's cheap and from a foreign country, and to boot many of these US military operations are perpetuated for "their" benefit, be it their government, the businesses they've invested in (!!!) or it's some quasi goodwill cause.

It's all tied together in a bad way. Either way....

LEt me ask you this: Would you rather buy a GM car or a Toyota at this point? And if Japan is in fact hiring people here, and their country is buying up those bonds (while another is akin to a leech on the US taxpayer), who is in fact more "patriotic"?

I agree. Our government has things so out of control that what is patriotic boils down to one thing.

This is patriotic:

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Right, but at the end of the day not even gold has any "real" value. Not web matters of life, death, freedom, etc are concerned.

The more I think about it, the more wonder how isolated our leaders really are from the big guys in China. .. Realistically, I would imagine they're already working on some sort of world government plan. Either way, I don't see the current monetary system surviving the next 100 years.

I would argue that more people have died or lost their freedom due to the value of gold, than any other thing in this world, with the possible exception of religion.

Jason

Reaction score
I would argue that more people have died or lost their freedom due to the value of gold, than any other thing in this world, with the possible exception of religion.

Good point but, to me, that just illustrates the ridiculous fact that two of the most popular reasons for war are imaginary concepts.

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
Sorry Sent's!...bit of a long lunch!:naughty:

My opinion, for what it's worth, is as follows.

Over time we have allowed the working class to become too strong. We have bowed down to Unions and allowed wages and bonuses to escalate. The ideals and living standards of the 1950's and to a certain extent the 60's were the perfect platform to base our economies on. Happy times, full employment and most importantly of all strong manufacturing bases that were self propagating. Nobody starved to death, families looked after themselves and were strong and loving units of humanity.

Unfortunately, we became greedy. Personally, I don't want a Gibson made anywhere other than America. I don't want a Mercedes made anywhere other than Germany, I don't want a friggin' hand made clay tile made anywhere other than Mexico and I don't want a fucking good camera made anywhere other than Japan. And if I've got a good shag left in me I'll pop over the channel to France!

Dig it?

Jason

Reaction score
Sorry Sent's!...bit of a long lunch!:naughty:

My opinion, for what it's worth, is as follows.

Over time we have allowed the working class to become too strong. We have bowed down to Unions and allowed wages and bonuses to escalate. The ideals and living standards of the 1950's and to a certain extent the 60's were the perfect platform to base our economies on. Happy times, full employment and most importantly of all strong manufacturing bases that were self propagating. Nobody starved to death, families looked after themselves and were strong and loving units of humanity.

Unfortunately, we became greedy. Personally, I don't want a Gibson made anywhere other than America. I don't want a Mercedes made anywhere other than Germany, I don't want a friggin' hand made clay tile made anywhere other than Mexico and I don't want a fucking good camera made anywhere other than Japan. And if I've got a good shag left in me I'll pop over the channel to France!

Dig it?

Decent perspective there, CB.

Economies run off the principle of inequality. At the working class/consumer level, every one wants to come out on top of every deal they make. We want to get paid more for our work and pay less for our goods. We've been importing cheap shit for a long time for that very reason. China figured us out and catered to us, even artificially devaluing their own currency just to keep us on the line. Then we realize we like the price, but not the quality. No problem! Quality goes up, price stays the same. How long do you think something like that can realistically last? As world trade opens up more and more our ability to make more money than our labor is worth AND spend less than a product is worth becomes less and less.

Who knows what the world is going to be like as the current economic situation stabilizes? Will it ever really stabilize?

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
I have very, very serious concerns for my country. We still see ourselves as a major player but I feel we are an empty promise. We are going the way of the old Greek and Roman Empires, and why should we be surprised? It's only history repeating itself.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I have very, very serious concerns for my country. We still see ourselves as a major player but I feel we are an empty promise. We are going the way of the old Greek and Roman Empires, and why should we be surprised? It's only history repeating itself.

Really?

You might find this interesting...

Who owns the Fed?

There's actual reasons as to why the UK and the USA are such close allies...and it has more to do than with "Well, hey, we're cool with each other."

Jason

Reaction score
I think there comes a time, though, where it becomes pointless to continue trying to follow the money trails and dig up all the sleezy goings on in the world... We know there's weird connections and corruptions going on in the world... I think it's a bit more productive to try and see a better way, some solution to our issues.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I think there comes a time, though, where it becomes pointless to continue trying to follow the money trails and dig up all the sleezy goings on in the world... We know there's weird connections and corruptions going on in the world... I think it's a bit more productive to try and see a better way, some solution to our issues.

Well, a nice way might be to just be glad SOMEONE is playing a guitar and digging it...no matter who made it.

;)

lp_junkie

Reaction score
Buying the goods that you want has superseded national boundaries in a global economy and as far as Patriotism my take on it- that whole concept died on Nov 2nd, when morons turned out in record numbers to elect a wholly unqualified and possibly ineligible man president, who through incompetence has totally destroyed the future and pushed us into severe national debt.

Hope and change? yep you are left with no hope and a handful of change.

SiriusAbbott

Reaction score
No.:rolleyes:

How do you come up with this stuff?

dude.....
matrix_red_blue_pill.jpg

please quit taking the blue pill! :laugh2:

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is buying a Chinese guitar...Patriotic?

I guess it is if you are from China