Iran seizes British tanker

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Having been thwarted by the intervention of HMS Montrose several days ago, this time Iran's Revolutionary Guard have successfully boarded and seized a British tanker in the Strait of Hormuz.

Getcher popcorn.

Olds442

Reaction score
i've been watching the drone wars this week, now it's revolutionary military pirates.

argh.

45WinMag

Reaction score
The western world has needed to fix the Iran problem for forty years. We just need to be smart enough to not turn it into a ground war. This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, the general public is sick of the theocracy and will depose the regime themselves, provided the military is destroyed and leadership is targeted. We just need to let them sort it out, and be ready to welcome them into the civilized world. Of course, nobody gets rich without an occupation to funnel taxpayer dollars to logistics companies, but hopefully we are beyond that.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's time. Especially if this is enough where are allies are on board. Negotiation chances are over.

Always easier said them done from my air conditioned Midwest office

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On the Coral Sea, we did 152 days at sea which was a record for a carrier at the time.
Not to detract from the subject and all,however,brother (and I am not being a dickhead),I see y’all in a completely new light......
Hoisting one for y’all,brother
:cheers2:

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Figured that Iran would finally get one. They've been hot for a British vessel since the Brits grabbed Iran's tanker off Gibraltar a few weeks ago.

One week ago, Iran tried to seize a UK-flagged vessel, but the Iranian boats were run off by a British warship.

Iran also grabbed a Panamanian-flagged tanker on the 7th of this month, which seems to have been operated on behalf of some private interests in the UAE. Iran didn't admit that they took that vessel until yesterday, when they released a video. Everybody figured they had it all along, anyway.

Iran said that the Panamanian tanker was smuggling oil. The lack of fiery rhetoric regarding the seizure of the Panamanian vessel was perhaps telling, though. So far, no Western outlet has made a stink of it, and even media outlets from the Middle East have simply said that it was seized without a lot of hand-wringing or gnashing of teeth.

This British tanker is probably going to result in a greater deal of heated rhetoric, though. And perhaps more.

Not surprised, because Iran has been butthurt since the Brits seized that Iranian tanker off Gibraltar on July 4. And now that this British tanker has been seized, the UK is saying that they'll be holding onto the Iranian vessel for another 30 days... but so far, this looks like a coincidence.

Iran is getting its balls squeezed off by the slew of economic sanctions taken against it by various Western nations, of course including the USA. Last week, it looked like the EU might soften some on that, though I've no idea if the idea of taking it easy on Tehran is gaining traction with the EU.

I'm sure that the Brits are not in favor of easing sanctions now... if they ever really were.

--R

Last edited:

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The western world has needed to fix the Iran problem for forty years. We just need to be smart enough to not turn it into a ground war. This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, the general public is sick of the theocracy and will depose the regime themselves, provided the military is destroyed and leadership is targeted. We just need to let them sort it out, and be ready to welcome them into the civilized world. Of course, nobody gets rich without an occupation to funnel taxpayer dollars to logistics companies, but hopefully we are beyond that.
I have no fucking idea what this means...