iPods?

Guitarsquirrel7

Reaction score
yup!
There are some "changes"

Here they are

iPod nano with camera, FM tuner, pedometer:dude:
Apple's new iPod nano unveiled Wednesday will allow users to record video, listen to FM radio, and track the number of steps taken by exercisers.

Touting the camera as a "free" addition to the nano, the 8GB model will cost $149 and has a total size of 1.1 cubic inches. Apple co-founder Steve Jobs noted during his presentation that a portable Flip camera with 4GB of storage sells for $149. A 16GB model will be available for $179. Both are available today in a variety of colors.

"iPod nano is the world's most popular music player with over 100 million sold," said Jobs, Apple's CEO. "And now we've added a video camera to its incredibly thin design, without any additional cost to the user."

The new nano has a polished anodized aluminum exterior, and sports a larger 2.2-inch display. It also features voiceovers that tell the listener what is currently playing.

64GB iPod touch with faster processor for $399:headbanger:
With a huge library of titles, Apple pushed the iPod touch and iPhone as the definitive mobile gaming platform Wednesday as it announced a new 64GB iPod touch priced at $399.

In addition, a 32GB offering will be available for $299, and an 8GB option for $199. Apple executive Phil Schiller noted that the $199 is a "magic price point," so the 8GB option with lower component costs was used to hit that pricing sweet spot.

"At just $199 the iPod touch is the most affordable gateway to Apple's revolutionary App Store with more than 75,000 applications that you can wirelessly download right into your iPod touch," said Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "You get a great iPod, a great pocket computer with the industry's best mobile web browser and a great game player, all in this super-thin beautiful enclosure."

The 32GB and 64GB models will have the ability to run Open GL ES 2.0, and have up to 50 percent faster performance. Reusing last year's tagline, the iPod touch is dubbed "The funnest iPod ever."

Apple highlighted a number of high-profile upcoming releases, including Aassassin's Creed 2 (a sidescroller from Ubisoft), Riddim Ribbon (a rhythm game from Tapulous), Nova (a first-person shooter from Gameloft), and one of gaming's largest franchises: Madden NFL 2010 from Electronic Arts.

iPod classic now in 160GB:thumb:
Apple increased the capacity of its only remaining hard drive-based player to 160GB Wednesday. The new model carries the same price as the old 120GB offering: $249. It is advertised as carrying 40,000 songs in your pocket.

iPod shuffle has more headphone options:D
The latest update to Apple's self-proclaimed "world's smallest music player" will gain compatibility with more headphones, as the previous iteration's tethered controls were proprietary-only.

iPhone 3.1:cool:
Apple Wednesday released a new version of its iPhone operating system, fixing bugs and bringing new features, including a "Genius" recommendation system for the App Store.

The update, iPhone OS 3.1, is available today as a free download from iTunes. For iPhone users, the version number is 3.1, while for iPod touch users it is labeled 3.1.1. The new Genius feature will recommend new applications to users based on software they already have installed.

In July, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said that the company was working on a fix for the App Store to make it easier to find new content. With tens of thousands of offerings available, it has become difficult for some to find what they are looking for.

The new software update also adds ringtones from record labels, directly into the iTunes application on the phone.

The update is also available for iPod touch users. Those who have paid to upgrade to 3.0 will receive the 3.1 update for free. For those who have an iPod touch but have not yet upgraded to 3.0, Apple also reduced the price to $4.95.

Apple also announced Wednesday that the company has sold 20 million iPod touches, and there are more than 75,000 applications available for download in the App Store. To date, more than 1.8 billion applications have been downloaded on the iPhone and iPod touch.

iTunes 9:applause:
The latest version of iTunes brings improved syncing and application management, allows easier sharing of content, features a redesigned iTunes Store, and includes enhanced albums in the form of iTunes LPs.

The update to Apple's media player and online store is now available for download.

"iTunes 9 is a great iTunes release, with innovative features that make using iTunes better than ever and iTunes content richer than ever," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iTunes LP, for example, lets artists share more of their creativity with fans and gives music lovers the feeling of being immersed in an entire album with art, lyrics, liner notes, photos and videos."

A new Applications view allows users to view all of their iPod touch and iPhone home screens. The new feature will allow users to rearrange applications on the computer, designated which software goes where.

A redesigned iTunes store includes new artist, movie and TV pages, complete with improved navigation. The cleaner layout is designed to make it easier for customers to browse. The store also includes iTunes LPs, which will bring additional content, such as audio, video, pictures, liner notes and more, exclusively to full-album purchases. The enriched album format is designed to encourage purchases of full-length albums instead of singles. One example showed iTunes scrolling through lyrics as a song played.

EtriX

Reaction score
I have my 120gb Classic and that is perfect for me... Only thing I miss is a sudoku game to play when I go to bed.

TheAceofEights

Reaction score
I have my 120gb Classic and that is perfect for me... Only thing I miss is a sudoku game to play when I go to bed.

haha yeah, Ive got an 80 classic with all the episodes of the office, house and not to mention around 40 movies. plus I have 600+ songs. Im just now getting close to a third full.:shock: 160 MIGHT be a bit much.

v8ko

Reaction score
As a big ipod touch fan Im disappointed that there wasnt an upgrade to battery life and no mic : (

Im either going to upgrade my iphone to 16gb or get the 32gb ipod touch.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
I'll stick with my trusty 30Gb 5th Gen iPod Video thanks :D It died after being dropped in a puddle and i resurrected it, it's indestructible :) I'm considering modifying it to solid-state memory pretty soon.

6425068a10176186270l.jpg

Deftone

Reaction score
I have a little 8gb Nano. It's got more than enough memory for me. I just looked at it and realized there are games on there.

Latest Threads