Introduction and opinion wanted :)

Theador

Reaction score
Hi all. Been 'meaning' to learn guitar now for several years and finally - with lockdown - managed to find time over the last year to start the journey. I've got a TOKAI Love Rock (Not a MIJ one) which plays nice, but I'd really like a Gibson LP in my life. There's a half decent Les Paul BFG up for sale at a good price. It's been modified to a more traditional wiring set up (kill switch replaced with pickup toggle and 4 pots put back in), Seymour Duncan Pickup and Grover Tuners.

The question is, am I better off just going for a Studio - which I may be able to get a little cheaper, or are there any benefits on the BFG? I quite like the rough and ready look of it.

Thanks in advance :)

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Theador..

Take some time to cruise the sub forums. You'll enjoy it.

I'd advise to take your questions to the "other single cuts" sub forum. There's not that much traffic in here, and you're certain to get some responses..

Skeletor

Reaction score
I'd probably want to look and feel the BFG for yourself. Unless it has been refinished it is a bit of a different beast.
The studio will likely be a better fit if you are wanting something more "traditional"

The BFG was always called Barely Finished Guitar - not sure if that tag came from Gibson or from us guitar geeks?

Theador

Reaction score
I'd probably want to look and feel the BFG for yourself. Unless it has been refinished it is a bit of a different beast.
The studio will likely be a better fit if you are wanting something more "traditional"

The BFG was always called Barely Finished Guitar - not sure if that tag came from Gibson or from us guitar geeks?
I found a LP Standard, Iced Tea 2010 that I fell in love with yesterday. Collecting tomorrow :)

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Beautiful LP
I used to have an EPI in that color
Enjoy it in good health my friend.
Cheers
Mitch

Latest Threads