Introduction And A Big Thanks

captainbraindamage

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
First off I want to give a big thanks to Flick and everyone. I'm a 53 year old newbie and I've been gleaning info off this site for a couple months now. It's all my 17 year old daughters fault, she's been playing since she was 14, on a ugly ass lime green strat thing, that she got it and an amp at the pawn shop for $100. Anyway Dad wanted to get her something better to play for Chistmas. So I decided on an Epiphone with the intention of ripping out all the guts and replacing things. I know, I've read the whole Epiphone vs. Studio thing, but Dad has to fiddle with everything anyway, so it gives me a project to do. She picked out the 3 pickup black beauty and got it Christmas. Dad got his income tax refund and is getting parts ordered. Somehow while all this is going on a Epiphone Custom Plus in the red found it's way to my house with the promise that the kid will teach the old man to play it. So I have two projects now. Anyhow this is long enough, THANKS again.

P.S. My wife says I should change my user name, it's not PC, that I might offend someone. If this is true I apologize. The name came from an idea I had back in the 70's for a comic book, with the main character being a stoner superhero, The fabulous furry freak brothers were big then. Flick if you read this and want, let me know I'll change it no problem.

Mikeeeeh

Reaction score
First off I want to give a big thanks to Flick and everyone. I'm a 53 year old newbie and I've been gleaning info off this site for a couple months now. It's all my 17 year old daughters fault, she's been playing since she was 14, on a ugly ass lime green strat thing, that she got it and an amp at the pawn shop for $100. Anyway Dad wanted to get her something better to play for Chistmas. So I decided on an Epiphone with the intention of ripping out all the guts and replacing things. I know, I've read the whole Epiphone vs. Studio thing, but Dad has to fiddle with everything anyway, so it gives me a project to do. She picked out the 3 pickup black beauty and got it Christmas. Dad got his income tax refund and is getting parts ordered. Somehow while all this is going on a Epiphone Custom Plus in the red found it's way to my house with the promise that the kid will teach the old man to play it. So I have two projects now. Anyhow this is long enough, THANKS again.

P.S. My wife says I should change my user name, it's not PC, that I might offend someone. If this is true I apologize. The name came from an idea I had back in the 70's for a comic book, with the main character being a stoner superhero, The fabulous furry freak brothers were big then. Flick if you read this and want, let me know I'll change it no problem.

Hey man, welcome to MLP... sounds like exciting times for you reworking the guts of those 2 guitars...

Oh and over here in Ireland PC still stands for Personal Computer... :hippie:

Mikeeeeh

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Another brain damaged guitar whore is ALWAYS welcome here!

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome brother
I dont give a shit about being PC, hell if one cant deal with it then dont play.
Your welcome here, but ya gotta be good at BS.

marklp69

Reaction score

nothing is PC anymore! Welcome! :wave:

Roman

Master Luthier V.I.P.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome, but watch out for BCR Greg. He's trouble ya know.

loneguitar

Reaction score
Welcome bro., always glad to see another 50 something come on in and set a spell.....

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Welcome captainbraindamage love the name ( We have a Captaintightpants as well) :rofl: & have your daughter join as well. Be sure to check out the charity raffle which is really cool & may put you on your way to hotrodding those guitars.

Latest Threads