Introducing "Barbara Jean", and needing advice

jkinnison90

Reaction score
I like the idea of having her initials inlayed on the 12th fret.

Sorry for your loss.

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My loving wife Barbara passed away from cancer on the 29th of last month, and one of the things that she told me before she died was that my next love should not be cheap, and like loud noises. The other day I went to guitar center, and picked up "Barbara Jean", in memory of my wife. I would like to get her name embossed somehow on the guitar, but I'm not sure what type of marker/paint to use. She's a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, and my newest love, as directed. RIP Barb, always the "gorrilla my dreams".....Joe
Picasa Web Albums - Joe - Barbara Jean

Sorry to hear about your wife. If I may suggest, get a custom TRC and have her name embossed on it. And maybe, just maybe, have a nice picture of her airbrushed on the back of the guitar. Whatever you settle for, may she rest in peace and may you find comfort.

v8ko

Reaction score
My condolences as well for you loss.

I might tend to lean toward her personality...if she liked things nice and neat perhaps a truss cover or pickguard design. If she was more the outgoing colorful person maybe go with something on the body of the guitar.

almost forgot...you really should get her name on the backside of the neck that way your always holding onto her.

shotgunlew

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maybe do what one of the skynard guys did ( Use fretwire on the back to inlay her name ) I think it was one of the skynard boys atleast....maybe it was the allman brothers, im not very sober right meow.

abisite

Reaction score
Thank you Everyone for your condolences and suggestions, I think for the time being, with funerary arrangements in the works, I'm going to have to forgo the mods, but good ideas all...
To V8ko....her personality was plain, to complement my erratic/spontaneous/justcrazyattimes...That's why we worked together so well all these years..I told her sister the other day, if I spent what I did on this axe while she was still alive, she'd have probably divorced me..(LOL)...((((("YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER GUITAR?!?!?!")))))..."But BAYBEE....look at the kids!!!!...they're getting kinda chunky!!!...do they really need all that food?"...
Well, Bless all, and play with passion always, J

Latest Threads