Introducing "Barbara Jean", and needing advice

abisite

Reaction score
My loving wife Barbara passed away from cancer on the 29th of last month, and one of the things that she told me before she died was that my next love should not be cheap, and like loud noises. The other day I went to guitar center, and picked up "Barbara Jean", in memory of my wife. I would like to get her name embossed somehow on the guitar, but I'm not sure what type of marker/paint to use. She's a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, and my newest love, as directed. RIP Barb, always the "gorrilla my dreams".....Joe
Picasa Web Albums - Joe - Barbara Jean

tonebone

Reaction score
Darn it buddy!

Ya know you made me "tear up", don't you?

:)

stryker59

Reaction score
im so sorry for your loss! what your doing to honor her memory is awesome!
have you considered having a truss rod cover made w/ her name engraved on it?

shotgunlew

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey brother im sorry for you loss. As far as embossing, you mean on the truss rod cover? As far as the body goes you could have it inlayed I would assume.

abisite

Reaction score
Thank you All,
I was thinking of having her signed in name right on the body, she'll never leave my hands again for sure..I have a sister that does calligraphy that I completely trust with "BJ", so for me it's a matter of what to use to write on her that would be permanent and not eat the lacquer..I've found that this guitar is seriously a place to keep my emotions for the time being, my fingertips are sore from fretting her so much the last couple of days, as I'm sure you all can imagine....in any event, peace to all, and sing on Barbara Jean....

stryker59

Reaction score
roman or greg would be the experts for that type of application....

Ed B

Reaction score
very sorry to hear!

jimmyq

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, man. She's beautiful....

Androo

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss mate. You should try to engrave 'BJ' on the Truss Rod cover. Very 'showy' if I might add :) Just my 2c

Drayke

Reaction score
Thoughts go out to you mate!!
What about having her Initials in pearloid on the 12th Fret?

05hummer

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss... Play Barbara Jean in good health...

ausmatt

Reaction score
My thoughts go out to you and your family, I think as long as you know it as Barbara Jean, thats all that matters, it's just something special for you and her, kinda unspoken, i'm sure you'll get some kinda sign as what to do, all the best.

stonevibe

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar and a fitting tribute. Let us all know what you decide upon.

River

Reaction score
My sincere sympathies. I honor my lost only child with a hand-painted dragon on the pick guard, commissioned to a local artist. One day, on some guitar, I'll do a fretboard inlay. It's great to have your memoriam right there when you're pouring your guts into some music.

stillaliveandwell

Reaction score
Sincere condolences on the tragic loss of your wife. May all the good memories help you weather the storm.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. I'd sure get in touch with Skatterbrane (member here) about a truss rod cover, and maybe check with Greg (BCRGreg) or Roman (RFR) about the actual body work.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Latest Threads