+

We've been there
Done that

mjross

Reaction score
View attachment 560960 +

We've been there
Done that

Yeah, we know that! Just interesting that Gibson is WAY out of the box on this one. A lot of these guitars are one off, that’s pretty cool! Lot of people are not aware of this shop and what they have for sale.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[sigh] More of the same that got Gibson into trouble.

It isn't difficult
1. Make AFFORDABLE guitars for average musicians.
2. Add some simple new designs that attract younger musicians, that can be gateway guitars to other models.
3. Spend time, effort, marketing to and for the younger generations, both #2 and older models..

Because, right or wrong, this IS how too many younger players think

Peter M

Reaction score
"The modifications consist of black plastics."

So Gibson really thinks putting black plastics on a Standard is a "modification". I guess that word has more technical connotations to me. :)

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score

It isn't difficult
2. Add some simple new designs that attract younger musicians, that can be gateway guitars to other models.
3. Spend time, effort, marketing to and for the younger generations, both #2 and older models..

call it gatekeeping or whatever but if that video is a representation of what gibsons pricing/marketing is keeping out, then i welcome it.

and a quick glance at her page shows that shes a fender fanboy so her opinion means that much less

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
call it gatekeeping or whatever but if that video is a representation of what gibsons pricing/marketing is keeping out, then i welcome it.
Except She and a bunch of others like her, have a huge following, thus influence. Yousay Gatekeeping, I say shortsighted and strategical suicide. And yes, she is annoying.

TheWelder

Reaction score
I love the look of that grey Studio. Not enough to spend $1700 on it, but it is damn sharp IMO.

PageSide84

Reaction score

It isn't difficult

Or . . . young people can buy used guitars or guitars that are not as high-end as a Gibson. It's ok not to have your dream guitar right at the beginning.

EDIT: Three seconds into this video, and I can tell you that whatever she puts out shouldn't be played on a Gibson anyway. Also, that she thinks the flame is like a "cheetah (assuming she meant tiger) print," shows that she likely hasn't seen a flamed top in real life. I'd hate to hear what she thinks of PRS.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Or . . . young people can buy used guitars or guitars that are not as high-end as a Gibson. It's ok not to have your dream guitar right at the beginning.
THat is the problem. young people don't see Gibson's as a 'dream guitar'. They see them as a "never guitar". It's THAT mentality and perception that needs to be changed.

TheWelder

Reaction score
Who cares what some 15 year old YouTuber thinks? Gibson has been the $hit on by the Internet since the Internet became a thing. That's not going to change. Despite Gibson getting a lot of hate online, I've never once had someone, young or old, say anything negative to me in person about any of my Gibson guitars. On contrary, they always seem to be very complimentary and marvel at them to some extent.

PageSide84

Reaction score
THat is the problem. young people don't see Gibson's as a 'dream guitar'. They see them as a "never guitar". It's THAT mentality and perception that needs to be changed.
So, Gibson should just add extended scales, tacky satin finishes that look like the northern lights (ugh, they've done at least part of this), and Fishman pickups? If this girl, who puts an actual image of faeces into her video, doesn't want to ever play a Gibson, that's her deal. I never want to buy an Ibanez, but I also don't a) make a video about it; and b) dont' expect Ibanez to stop making the tacky-ass Jem to appeal to me. And hell, I probably spend more on guitars than this youtuber ever will.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
That video above is so wrong in so many ways, the Les Paul guitar looks awesome. The shape and everything about the Les Paul is great. They come in many different colors and flavors, take your pick and enjoy for life. :dude:

Prometheus

Reaction score
Woah she sure is annoying
She's right about one thing tho, I really don't care about slash, but then again sig models aren't my jam to begin with

Latest Threads