"Interesting" guitar gear names...

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Guitar players naming gear can lead to interesting product names...

Friedman Pink Taco
Friedman Brown Eye
Big Muff
Swollen Pickle
Catalinbread Merkin
Zvex Super Hard On

defcrew

Reaction score
I recall a while back reading an article where they were bemoaning the sexist bent of lots of the pedal names. Isn't there one called AquaPussy or something like that? They know their market---adolescent boys of all ages.

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Peckerhead amps. I started a thread about it when I first saw it. I dont care how good the amp sounds.......no way I'd play out with a Peckerhead........ :slap::slap:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Virtually ever AC/DC song is an adolescent metaphor for something sexual.

I used to have a t-shirt (back in HS) for the company that made the sails we used on the boat (not mine, I crewed on a buddy's boat). The sail company is Hard Sails, Inc. The t-shirt said "Sail with a Hard on."

penguinchit

Reaction score
I always had a list of names for when I was finally smart enough to make my own gear:

Tube Awls - Overdrive
Hut Hut Peanut Butt - Flanger
Dolfin Flogger - Distortion
Broken Jimmy - Tremelo
2 Squirrels 1 Nut - Delay
Father Chase - Reverb

Now I just need design, money and brains.

mrdannyboy

Reaction score
Peckerhead amps. I started a thread about it when I first saw it. I dont care how good the amp sounds.......no way I'd play out with a Peckerhead........ :slap::slap:
Just add an s to peckerhead and HUGE and enjoy the amp and the fun that comes with it. :cheers2:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Juvenile, offensive, weak...

whatever.

I like irreverent.

exactly . it's not like the things are getting placed on velvet pillows . and I would never treat an actual person __ the way that I treat my pedals . that would be just cruel

so if I want to jump all over my Big Muff Pi . it doesn't mean that I'm juvenile or a misogynist . just means I want some fuzz

parts

Reaction score
I still have my 70s Ibanez Flying Pan...even though it was hard to get it not called a Frying Pan..