Interesting “Children’s” Book

45WinMag

Reaction score
You know, I was browsing Barnes & Noble for what to read to the wee liddle kiddos for our next Drag Queen Story Hour, and since they were all out of 'Heather has Two Mommies' this looks like a great pick!

The school system likes to keep these things a surprise for parent and child alike, so this will remain just between us gurlz here, OK?

Can't wait until schools are back in session... Glitter and rainbows for all!!!!

:headbanger:

In your Washington Post piece, you also wrote that California and Northern Virginia are serving as laboratories for these kinds of policies. How is that the case?

Those aren’t my words. Those were David Aponte’s words. He was the co-chair of GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network. He was the co-chair of the local chapter. He was quoted saying that in a Washington Post interview last year, I think it was June 23, 2018. He was talking about taking GLSEN’s policies.

GLSEN has written a model district policy. This is what they would like to see in every school system in the United States. They were applying that wherever they could to see what happens with kids when we apply these policies where we teach lesbian, gay, transgender issues, as early as 5 years old. How does that work out? Laboratory was his word. I’m pretty horrified about that. I didn’t sign anything giving consent for my kids to be experimented on.

I'm in Northern Virginia and our school system is pushing for more Zoom class time (they want 9:30 to noon every day for a summer school session because of lost class time due to shutdown). They hate the fact that everyone is currently being homeschooled for all practical purposes, and their influence is being limited.

Aside from that, I'm of the opinion that every child should be reading Solzhenitsyn by middle school and should watch The Chekist by the end of high school.

jb_abides

Reaction score
I'm in Northern Virginia and our school system is pushing for more Zoom class time (they want 9:30 to noon every day for a summer school session because of lost class time due to shutdown). They hate the fact that everyone is currently being homeschooled for all practical purposes, and their influence is being limited.

Aside from that, I'm of the opinion that every child should be reading Solzhenitsyn by middle school and should watch The Chekist by the end of high school.
Early in the lockdown, I was on the back porch. A few homes away, next street over, neighbors kids were outdoors playing. Sub-teens, 13 at best. Talking and joking, play fighting, running around...

Spontaneously broke out in the National Anthem of the USSR. Knew the tune, sang the words! :wtf:

Stopped me cold in my tracks. Why do these kids know this song, what compelled them to sing it? Freaked me out.

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the textbooks you need to worry about.....

My wife was doing some research on earth science books for a curriculum she and another teacher were preparing. She ordered a slew of books that seemed legit....and came across a complete re-wright of paleoacheology (for sixth graders)....It's dismissive the 100 million years of fossil record, and slams the scientific community for not being accurate....saying these "Fossils" are only 6,000 years old .....and completely re doing the geographic timeline to their narrative.... :shock::facepalm:

these poor kids are going to get a big surprise when they cant get into college.....

This is a real textbook in schools today! I wish I had a samples to show .....but she loaned it out ....never got it back...

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Early in the lockdown, I was on the back porch. A few homes away, next street over, neighbors kids were outdoors playing. Sub-teens, 13 at best. Talking and joking, play fighting, running around...

Spontaneously broke out in the National Anthem of the USSR. Knew the tune, sang the words! :wtf:

Stopped me cold in my tracks. Why do these kids know this song, what compelled them to sing it? Freaked me out.

Wow ....

Because their leaders are failing them....they should be singing our National Anthem and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance like I did ....They dont have a sense of belonging to a nation any more....

Besides....the Russian National anthem is cool.....

But I'll bet they don't even know how ours even goes .....or who wrote it....

Next is Deutschland Uber Alles

jb_abides

Reaction score
these poor kids are going to get a big surprise when they cant get into college.....
College as we know it may be an obsolete concept when they come of age, or the notion of who attends may shift based upon evolving economic conditions. I think the traditional education industry will contract post-Covid.

And as for getting in, well, probably not hurt them anymore: curriculum is being adjusted to fit narratives at that level. So, hand in glove....

:facepalm:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score

Looping "Hunt For Red October"?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

they probably just got done watching Red Dawn..

Latest Threads