Installing Seymour Duncan Pickups into the New gibson PCB board

Denzo1974

Reaction score
I replaced the Burstbucker Pros and installed the :slash: Seymour Duncan 4 conductor pickups onto the new Gibson PCB Board of a 2012 les Paul. It has the 4 conductor setup with the molex connectors.

Does anyone know the correct colour sequence to match the existing wiring??

Gibson are cheeky but i guess it all boils down to business for them ( keeping you buying only their Quick Connect Pickups 2 or 3 to choose from...woowee!)

The Rhythm and lead pickup use a different sequence that connects to the PCB board.

El Kabong

Reaction score
Have you considered just getting rid of the PCB and putting in a real harness? 50s style or treble bleed? I'd definitely lose that plastic piece of crap...

Denzo1974

Reaction score
Have you considered just getting rid of the PCB and putting in a real harness? 50s style or treble bleed? I'd definitely lose that plastic piece of crap...

I have considered it, but I have already spent so much on this guitar it's crazy. I even rang Gibson and they said: "Gibson don't recommend changing the pickups". What a load of rubbish I thought. Every famous and knowledgable guitarist always does to customise their sound. I lost a huge respect for them from this point on.

It's all working with the 4 conductor Slash Pups, but the lead coil tap still functions with the bypass selected and the rhythm knob doesn't reverse phase the rhythm pup by itself.

Other than that it's fine.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help you with the mumbo jumbo wiring on new Les Pauls (I'd strip it and make it old school), but maybe this can be of some help:
Wiring Diagram

Latest Threads