Installed SD SH55 Seth Lovers... Thoughts...

MrRhoads

Reaction score
But what I did fing surprising about the SH55s were that they were as bright as the BB Pros without the snap. The upper mids seemed to be jarring unless you brought down the highs:thumb:

Well about the snap i think it could be the different magnets being used.
SH-55 having Alnico 2 which gives a softer attack when playing IMO in contrast to the BB pro´s which has Alnico 5 which gives a sharper attack more power and output than the Alnico 2.

Have you ever tried your gear throu a good tube amp?
Because throu that POD XT and other pedals you can´t really hear your guitars true sound IMO.

Goldtop75

Reaction score
Well about the snap i think it could be the different magnets being used.
SH-55 having Alnico 2 which gives a softer attack when playing IMO in contrast to the BB pro´s which has Alnico 5 which gives a sharper attack more power and output than the Alnico 2.

Have you ever tried your gear throu a good tube amp?
Because throu that POD XT and other pedals you can´t really hear your guitars true sound IMO.

Yes, the snap is due to the A5s in the BB Pros. I'm not sure about the power though. Both sets seemed to be equally powerful under all conditions. I think the winds are probably similar.

Yes, I have a very good tube amp.

And the PODXTLive is so well designed, it takes away very little of that "true guitar sound" these days. You'll be surprised how real sounding the PODs are these days.:thumb:

The sound I get from the amp is very close to what I get on the XT Live. It actually sounded better when I ran the guitar through the effects then the XTLive than just using the XTLive's built-in effects. The TS808HW delivered the way I expected it to. It was equally organic and transparent compared to when I used it through the amp per se.

Latest Threads