Insight on Axl Rose?

Ides of March

Reaction score
Here is a guy who took 13 years to make an album that to me after hearing it once, didn't really do much for me. I liked one song. He still thinks he is as relevant as he was in 90 or 91. He still cancels shows and shows up late, or bails on a show and shows up in some other country. I was watching the Don't Cry video last night and after it was over I said to my wife, "They were such a great band" I mean he actually thinks the majority of the GnR fans, and I mean the one's who grew up with them, or the one's who saw them live really cares about him fronting a band that is not GnR. Duff said on That Metal Show that one of the reasons so many people want to see a reunion is that they are all still alive. There aren't that many bands around anymore that had the "rule of the music world" phenomenon that GnR had that have the original memeber still available.

So if Duff would do it, Izzy who has played with Duff and jammed with Axl and Slash would do it, you KNOW Adler would do it, Slash maybe with some prodding. Why is Axl so against this? I just don't get him, he had a great band to write and play with and he just fucked everyone off. He is only one 5th of GnR just like the rest of them. Yet since CD was released you heard nothing from him, no interviews, no promo's no appearances on any shows.
Is he just a crazy bastard or stupid. I just don't understand it. The money that band would make now from touring and recording with the original line up would be astronomical.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think Axl is a great song writer, but he's a complete douche. I look at the new album as Buckethead with Axl on vocals, so I don't mind. :D

73roadrunner

Reaction score
He has serious mental issues.. Read some of the GNR books bro:thumb:

EEF13

Reaction score
I am still waiting for a music video

spacebubby

The MLP Princess
Reaction score
Maybe it's not about the money. I don't know...but I still wouldn't go see it.

cme2n

Reaction score
I don't know what his deal is but there have been plenty of bands that swore to never play with each other again who ended up doing reunion tours so I haven't counted them out just yet...(the Stones, Aerosmith, The Who)

When Axl's money dries up he will come around. The problem is that it could be another 20 or 30 years before the royalties finally slow down and by then Axl's voice will be completely shot, if it isn't already. Old GNR records/memorabilia still sell by hundreds of thousands a year so he is still getting paid (as are all the other members) and there really isn't much incentive for him. Not much incentive for any of the other guys either as they all have very successful continuous careers in the biz (unlike Axl).

But one day as the guys keep getting older and the cash flow starts to slow and the offers start to grow, a reunion will happen. It always does.

Jupa

Reaction score
I don't think its cash flow that is going to cause a reunion. I think in 15-20 years they're going to realize life is too short and valuable to waste it over grudges.

Gold_topped

Reaction score
I think Axl is a great song writer, but he's a complete douche. I look at the new album as Buckethead with Axl on vocals, so I don't mind. :D

Exactly. Even though buckethead was ripped from the credits in many songs, at the request of Axl :applause:. He is such a prick. I know Bucketheads playing rather or not he is officially listed as a member.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i saw them live in either 90 or 91 .... maybe 92, i cant remember lol... i was just a kid, i went with my parents.... i remember gnr came out 3 hours late, then he told everyone to shut the fuck up and it got quiet, then someone yelled something and he was like OK SMART GUY WE WILL LEAVE RIGHT NOW, ok we can have a good time or WE CAN GO THE FUCK HOME now do you wanna have a good time? it went on for about 10 mins, then he clamed down and they put on one of the most amazing shows in the world, they even did an hour encore

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
Axl has issues. That's about as much as I'll say.

As to a reunion: Slash has said he'd be for it; especially once he heard Steven was out of rehab and kind of functional again. Whether or not he can really play anymore, who knows. I think both Axl and Izzy are the biggest deterrents because Izzy got out BECAUSE of all the craziness...it got on his last nerve and made him feel unsafe. So, now that the demand would be even more than back then, now that there are new fans, etc, the pressure, money, and opportunity for excess would be there all the more. I think that scares Izzy a lot. Duff never seemed to care, to me.

Why Axl won't do it, I don't know now. He has issues, like I said. :laugh2:

Jody

Reaction score
Axl = Tool......
To put it in a more easier to understand version.......
Axl = ASS PILE...................

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I was planning on avoiding this topic, but what the hell, I'll chime in.

Insight into Axl? That's easy.

His career is essentially finished. Over. Kaput. No more. Reason?

Pro Tools is a wonderful software package. It can do amazing things...including the art of putting a singer into perfect pitch, or putting a note higher than it really is.

But there's also no way to replicate that live...unless someone is planning on lip syncing it.

Think Axl would go out and lip sync his album? Hey, you can call me the Devil's Advocate, but I don't believe he can hit all of those notes...and even if he could, I doubt he could do it on a consistent basis which is mandatory and part of the rigors of touring.

As for the whole sordid mess over a band which in my opinion released only ONE GREAT ALBUM, I suspect even Slash's shelf life as a consummate Gibson pitchman is limited unless he can re-invent Velvet Revolver. The Guitar Hero game has given way to Rock Band games that feature specific bands...so no, you won't see Slash as your competition or however it is they sort that out.

On a final point: If there's any justice in this world, I hope Izzy Stradlin eventually gets his due for the hand he had in helping to create that music. Otherwise?

Don't give a damn. The only GnR album I ever bought (and I thought was worth buying) was Appetite for Destruction. And you know something? A LOT of bands have put out a great album and then some....

Jody

Reaction score
Well said Sen......
But even back during the A.F.D..He sucked live.Couldnt hit all the notes....

I wouldnt cross the street to see him, Even if the tickets were given to me...
1 Show back in there prime was enough for me...His voice is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me any more....sorry GNR fans but when one of his songs comes on,,,,
I turn it down,or off............................

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Yeh like the Sentry said Appetite was the only great album. Use you illusion 1 & 2 were ok at best but were just pretentious hints at what was to come with this new Axl album. I mean did you see any of the use your illusion videos like November rain or the one when he jumps in with the dolphins. Pretentious cheese

Jody

Reaction score
Yeh like the Sentry said Appetite was the only great album. Use you illusion 1 & 2 were ok at best but were just pretentious hints at what was to come with this new Axl album. I mean did you see any of the use your illusion videos like November rain or the one when he jumps in with the dolphins. Pretentious cheese

DUDE, you (If thats you in your avatar) look like Dave Elfison..The ex bassist of Megadeth......:shock:
The dude on the far right................
Megadeth.jpg

Jody

Reaction score
Axl will be reduced to playing Birthday parties.....:laugh2:
axldad2kg1.jpg

Notice the undevided attetion the children are giving him..........

sidepartings26

Reaction score
DUDE, you (If thats you in your avatar) look like Dave Elfison..The ex bassist of Megadeth......:shock:
The dude on the far right................
Megadeth.jpg

That is me in my avatar but I don't see it. But then again my avatar is 1-D

From other angle:

SL6P6241.jpg

Ides of March

Reaction score
Steven Adler is outwith his Adler's Appetite band playing GnR tunes so I am sure he could handle it with the rest. And I thought Libertad from VR was one of the best albums of the year, great and better than their first.

I also saw them in 91 and yeah, when it came time for Axl to sing jungle, his voice was gone, just really straining to sing the song. So maybe he just can't do it anymore live then.

Apparently he is never going to get it, or past his issues.

Latest Threads