Info/Opinion please on 70's LP customs!!

riffpowers

Reaction score
In my search for a white LP custom I've seen a 1975 white one for sale.
Its had a neck break (pro repair!!) but seems ok and all stock.

I've never really played a 70's les paul so don't know what to expect.
Its a long drive away, so I'd prefer to do some research on it before I decide wether to try it out or not.

I've had loads of 90s-present day les pauls and my #1 guitar is a 1990 les paul custom, so I'm interested to see how the 70's ones compare and what the general opinion of them is.

Thanks in advance!!

BoxyBrown22

Reaction score
Visit the Norlin part of this forum, you'll get a lot of questions answered there.

It's a 75' so it'll have a 3 pc maple neck, pancake body, slim neck, T-top humbuckers, volute, big headstock, may weigh 10+ lbs..... If it's what you want color wise then go look at it, if not then stay vigilant. I won't buy any other kind of Gibson unless I'm going to destroy it on the road, I like the thin necks and construction of Norlin era Gibson's.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
Have a look around the Norlin section.

I think a lot of 70's customs are extremely from what I've heard, however I'm not sure how much of a generalisation this is.

Anyway, that's all I can really say as I don't know much, there should be plenty of information in the Norlin section though.

EDIT: argh! Too slow!

jimmyq

Reaction score
<snip>

I think a lot of 70's customs are extremely from what I've heard, however I'm not sure how much of a generalisation this is.

<snip>

Are extremely what?!

Heavy? Loud? Bouyant? Raspberry flavoured?

Tell us! Please!!!

I can't take this suspense...

:thumb:

Latest Threads