Info from Tokai/Hibiki ?

jim777

Reaction score
Has anyone ever emailed Tokai or Hibiki to ask for info on a guitar? Do they ever reply? lol

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I've emailed Tokai about a Goldstar without a serial number.... I sent them pictures of the cavities, neck pocket etc and they got back to me a few days later telling me it was authentic and from what years it could be from. Very helpful.

Your reborn old didn't necessarily come from Hibiki. Any dealer can order a batch of guitars to their liking and get the Reborn Old moniker added to the headstock. I've seen examples from Germany, S.Africa and Japanese dealers.

BKS

Reaction score
Seller of my tokai did not believe me and emailed tokai, got a prompt respons telling him i was right :laugh2: well something like that haha but they responded pretty fast and were very helpfull.

jim777

Reaction score
Great to know :) I'm asking about an HLS guitar but don't have numbers associated with it, just "HLS".

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Is it a newer or older guitar, some of the '80's models were called HLS as well.

If there's no certificate/warranty card with the model number please take the ad with a very large grain of salt.

The newer ones with the "h" usually means a different headstock angle and God knows what little changes, there most certainly was a lower and higher model range in the HLS's as well.

Good luck. It can get interesting.

jim777

Reaction score
It's a '15. It looks most like the current HLS-240SF, and I just wanted to know what model whatever shop ordered the small batch started with, basically. What model they decided to tweak. Will mail pics to both, thanks guys :)

jim777

Reaction score
Well, Itchyscratchy says it is very likely an HLS-240SF, but it isn't here yet and they said "very likely", which means very little. To you guys who sent picture to Tokai, do you have an email address you could share? I only see the form on Tokai's website. (I was able to send pics to Hibiki but have not heard back yet) Thanks :)

Latest Threads