Inflation - What are you doing about it ??

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know not to use hydrogen to inflate things. :run:
1656019954420.png

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What's going to happen to all those people that just had to have used cars "right now" and paid huge markups and financed them? Used cars prices will revert to the mean and they will be so underwater they should have bought submarines.

Which is why I'm waiting.

Though I want to get into something really bad, as everyone already knows. It's just too high on the used market right now.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I want very badly to get into something more modern and sturdy, as everyone knows.

I'm already into something bad.. :laugh2:

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
the scooter is fun to ride when you don't need to pick up anything bigger than a bowling ball and a bundle of bananas. there's a surprising amount of space under the seat of this thing, but the shocks leave something to be desired so nothing carbonated.

enough room for burgers and buns anyway, or the like.

Screenshot 2022-06-23 185709.jpg

i know it's the ghey but it's a lot of fun to ride. fuggit i'm old what do i care? i'm getting 78 mpg on this thing.

nope, 83.6 mpg. 42 miles total, the store is about 2/3 of a mile away, the post office and bank are closer.

IMG_3415.jpg

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the scooter is fun to ride when you don't need to pick up anything bigger than a bowling ball and a bundle of bananas. there's a surprising amount of space under the seat of this thing, but the shocks leave something to be desired so nothing carbonated.

enough room for burgers and buns anyway, or the like.

View attachment 616965

i know it's the ghey but it's a lot of fun to ride. fuggit i'm old what do i care? i'm getting 78 mpg on this thing.

nope, 83.6 mpg. 42 miles total, the store is about 2/3 of a mile away, the post office and bank are closer.

View attachment 616970

Some scooters I've seen are mondo cool... I wouldn't mind one if I just drove local but my shop is about 12mi or so away....and I have to pass a base exit and shift change of the air fields that use the exit I pass can get crazy.... I think three fields use that exit... They be ret to go... The hwy is two lane there.... Tooling down that road on a scooter or even a Harley is not my kind of town....

Olds442

Reaction score
Some scooters I've seen are mondo cool... I wouldn't mind one if I just drove local but my shop is about 12mi or so away....and I have to pass a base exit and shift change of the air fields that use the exit I pass can get crazy.... I think three fields use that exit... They be ret to go... The hwy is two lane there.... Tooling down that road on a scooter or even a Harley is not my kind of town....
i probably wouldn't either in that area. where i'd be riding this thing, and when, was a big factor in the decision to grab one. even if i lived at my last place there are only higher mph streets around it to the nearest store or post office. wouldn't have happened. but here, it works, in fact anywhere in this neighborhood it would. downtown or west Arlington Heights is great, it's a shame there'll be a huge stadium here instead of the nicest horse track in the US. but horse racing is murder, or some such bull shit. fucking illinois.

Reactions: ehb

Tone deaf

Reaction score
So hopefully this means there are a whole lot of people coming into the labour market who can take on some of these service industry and supply chain jobs...

cheers.
The labor force participation rate is down (in the USA) over 5%, since the peak in 2000. That's over 16 million people who were working who are no longer working. It isn't all baby boomers who left the work force. God knows what they are doing but, they aren't working. Just from pre-(the thing we don't discuss) and now, there are 3+ million people who have disappeared from the workforce and are not counted in the unemployment number.

Short version: "The unemployment numbers are bullsh*t and something very wrong is happening with our workforce."

labor force participation.png

Last edited:

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The labor force participation rate is down (in the USA) over 5%, since the peak in 2000. That's over 16 million people who were working who are no longer working. It isn't all baby boomers who left the work force. God knows what they are doing but, they aren't working. Just from pre-(the thing we don't discuss) and now, there are 3+ million people who have disappeared from the workforce and are not counted in the unemployment number.

Short version: "The unemployment numbers are bullsh*t and something very wrong is happening with our workforce."

View attachment 616992

Man, look at that enormous dip in 2020. Wow. Scared little hens.

Ever since the pandemic, I've seen "Help Wanted" signs everywhere. On our frequent trips to NorCal and the gold country, I see them everywhere.

Back to OK last year, same thing.

On the drive out and the drive back, same thing.

There are more jobs available in the main city near us than you can shake a stick at.

My wife works at Pilot travel stop. They are going through personnel like shit through a goose. People sign on to work and leave after a few days.

It seems it's just too much trouble. They'd rather sit at home and live off of whatever stipends they can finagle.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Man, look at that enormous dip in 2020. Wow. Scared little hens.

Ever since the pandemic, I've seen "Help Wanted" signs everywhere. On our frequent trips to NorCal and the gold country, I see them everywhere.

Back to OK last year, same thing.

On the drive out and the drive back, same thing.

There are more jobs available in the main city near us than you can shake a stick at.

My wife works at Pilot travel stop. They are going through personnel like shit through a goose. People sign on to work and leave after a few days.

It seems it's just too much trouble. They'd rather sit at home and live off of whatever stipends they can finagle.
3+ million people who were working in March 2020 are out of the workforce and the unemployment rate is below 4%? I may have fallen off the turnip truck in the morning but, it wasn't this morning.

Latest Threads