Inflation - What are you doing about it ??

Zungle

Reaction score
Straight up what are you doing about the massive and rapid inflation of fuel and goods across our country.....

Being the smallest of business's I have been hit with it right in the teeth, the balls and slapped on the back by it.....

Examining my supply lines, manufacturing procedures and overall operating styles, I come to the conclusion much of the wholesale inflation I'm dealing with comes down to profit taking and larger companies than myself(not saying much) are seeing current economic and social environment as a window and excuse to drive margins up.......

And make no bones about it our municipalities, leaders and banks are loving the higher taxes and revenue being generated at every turn......

I feel we as individual's and consumers are just as culpable as our leaders, our CEO's and bankers.

Our first world, want it now, keep up with the Jone's, lemming, no sacrifice , entitled , wasteful spending habits have made it easy.......if not inevitable.

So again, I ask....What are you doing about it ?

At my business (until I figure out my knee situation) I've decided to take a firmer stance against my suppliers.

I'm not gonna accept their shitty pricing, crappy service and lack of QC....

How....??

I'm QC'ing materials more closely, withholding payment for rejected materials and back orders, auditing all invoices, having all purchases quoted and shopping suppliers against each other, letting reps know exactly that that I'm shopping everything.

On personal side Brenda and I are trying to drive less (exactly what government wants) We cancelled all but 1 streaming service, changed our grocery habits and are eliminating wasteful or frivolous purchase's of any type......convienience store's, exit purchases......no purchases without thought.....

We put a new plan in for birthdays, holidays and Christmas as well.....

I am of the belief all things in this country go thru someones wallet......all things.....we need to suck it up, cut the fat, tighten up spending habits massively and hit those wallets firmly and consistantly..........

Maybe I'm just pissed, but I feel like we as consumers and citizens need to fight back anyway possible........not just take the beat down.

Last edited:

Gfunk_Minor

Ooooops
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me and the wife are not doing much.
Not much we can do when you get right down to it.
We still have to drive, buy groceries and get meds.
We are very fortunate. For the time being the only way inflation is hitting us, is we save less.

Again, very fortunate.

Roxy13

Reaction score
There isn't that much I can do. I only eat 2 small meals a day so I can't really cut out food or meds.

I only leave for groceries or doctor/vet appointments and am trying to put only 1 tank of gas into my truck per month. I'm now only getting groceries once every 3 weeks.

And other than that, if I don't need it, I'm not buying it.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voting. In every small election in my area. Making it a priority like my life depends on it.

Other than that., eating the shit sandwich like everyone else. Watching my 401K tank. Enjoying life.

James R

Reaction score
You can always count on the MLP ads to try and save you money too!

Screenshot_20220610-085021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
per board rules I can't truly comment as I'd like to.

But I will say this is some bullshit. And I hate how the media just keeps shoveling it at us and telling us to eat it.

The way the grocery prices alone have shot up is just insane. Not counting all the other things.

I really want to move to Tennessee or Florida to at least get away from the income tax in my State, that'll save me a chunk of $$$ each month.

But it's harder to save to move because everything is so much more expensive now.

(and yeah my 401k has been hit as well. Not fun to read the monthly reports)

James R

Reaction score
One of the best gigs I've fallen into lately is consulting.
If you know something, and know it well, there's usually someone out there that wants to avoid the research and learning curve, and they'll pay you good money to get them set up with minimal headaches, time, and mistakes.
It's ridiculously easy money, and I'd do it full time if I could find the suckers generous souls that pay me to do it in a large enough quantity.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
"...Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late
I've done a bit of smuggling, I've run my share of grass
I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last, never meant to last..."

danohat

Reaction score
Not buying anything frivolous. Recreating here at home. Having a golf outing here instead of traveling to a place and staying. Going to be way more fun. Built a nice fire pit. I built a garden. It's not enough but it's a start. I already live like this. I'm a single income pool guy/ electrician with a homeschooling wife /homemaker.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooo, I got golf this weekend, but wife got stuck in Detroit (stupid airlines). But I think I'll take advantage of that and actually arrive early and do some pitching and putting practice. I've found that to be way more productive than the driving range ... well just before playing ... hours for days on end at the driving range is what I need, but ain't gonna happen.

Latest Threads