Incoming!!!

EndGame00

Reaction score
I could see how some player's taste would see that. My Lee Malia has a hot Bridge, so a more PAF like output is actually what I want.

And they sound pretty good (granted YouTube quality etc, etc) in these vids. I know the BB Pros I had were very sensitive to height, so we'll see.

Granted, not the same guitar, but they are all Customs with Probuckers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBsHcB0y7y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI2pA-3VTfg

I thought the Probucker was kind of struggling with a Plexi-style amp, especially with the edge-of-breakup type of setting in the amp...it would have been nice if they copied the Pros off the BB2.

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought the Probucker was kind of struggling with a Plexi-style amp, especially with the edge-of-breakup type of setting in the amp...it would have been nice if they copied the Pros off the BB2.

Maybe. Will give em a shot, adjust em, etc.

If they aren't all that, Looking at probable SD Pearly Gates, maybe Seth Lovers, 57 Classics or DM 36th PAF.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Shipping out today. Sweetwater sent the Glam shots of my actual axe coming:

ZfEhJt.jpg

h5OBXs.jpg

YDgGva.jpg

u1qJsK.jpg

i73dOs.jpg

lp6Xy4.jpg

GtfRep.jpg

nrlEsB.jpg

Bytor1958

Reaction score
That there is just "SICK",, Congrats to you.!!!

JMO, but some black and gold reflector knobs would look BA on that Git..

s-l1000.jpg

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That there is just "SICK",, Congrats to you.!!!

JMO, but some black and gold reflector knobs would look BA on that Git..

s-l1000.jpg
I agree.

sunnydog

Reaction score
ya know I have tried pretty much all the replacement pups you speak of, all fine pickups. I do use a Pearly set and a 57 classic set in other guitars I have and IMO the epi pro buckers fall right in line with them. I enjoy how my 100th works stock as much as any les Paul I have owned USA or import..

enjoy

Frogfur

Reaction score
very cool indeed cyber, great look axe. I like redmyself.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I had an eye for the Lee Malia, along with the 60's Tribute and the Custom Pro, but the Custom Pro caught my attention...as far as the PB on mine, I probably have a pair of duds, but I will eventually replace them with a proper sounding PAF's. ... For price point, I'm torn between the agolden Age Parson Street and Mojotone's PAF clone....

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ya know I have tried pretty much all the replacement pups you speak of, all fine pickups. I do use a Pearly set and a 57 classic set in other guitars I have and IMO the epi pro buckers fall right in line with them. I enjoy how my 100th works stock as much as any les Paul I have owned USA or import..

enjoy

That's why I'll give em a spin first for a bit. Goos to know your experience with all of them.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On truck, out for delivery

Also getting a root canal this morning, so kind of a spectrum day

sunnydog

Reaction score
I had an eye for the Lee Malia, along with the 60's Tribute and the Custom Pro, but the Custom Pro caught my attention...as far as the PB on mine, I probably have a pair of duds, but I will eventually replace them with a proper sounding PAF's. ... For price point, I'm torn between the agolden Age Parson Street and Mojotone's PAF clone....

PB duds ! ,proper sounding PAF !? WTF is that . Only comes from a real set installed on a real vintage Gibson and not all of them worked well .PB fit into the what is made today that is considered proper build for a PAF type.
I have heard the same story regarding just about every pickup made from people that like to go with the flavour of the month.
I think most of it comes down to the player not really knowing what
to hear for.

A lot go by tone heard made famous on their fav. recording and I gotta say besides the talent factor ,those recording are manipulated quite a bit by paid talented engineers and producers etc. Which usually makes it far beyond the average players reach/ability . For example for how long did players think Page used a LP for the stairway solo . funny stuff tone chasing is.

But hey whatever. I will take your duds if you want. cheers :wave:

EndGame00

Reaction score
PB duds ! ,proper sounding PAF !? WTF is that . Only comes from a real set installed on a real vintage Gibson and not all of them worked well .PB fit into the what is made today that is considered proper build for a PAF type.
I have heard the same story regarding just about every pickup made from people that like to go with the flavour of the month.
I think most of it comes down to the player not really knowing what
to hear for.

A lot go by tone heard made famous on their fav. recording and I gotta say besides the talent factor ,those recording are manipulated quite a bit by paid talented engineers and producers etc. Which usually makes it far beyond the average players reach/ability . For example for how long did players think Page used a LP for the stairway solo . funny stuff tone chasing is.

But hey whatever. I will take your duds if you want. cheers :wave:

Uh, my old Faded SG has a Seth Lover PU installed on the bridge, and I know what a PAF sounds like.... And it sound as close as the real deal...

sunnydog

Reaction score
Uh, my old Faded SG has a Seth Lover PU installed on the bridge, and I know what a PAF sounds like.... And it sound as close as the real deal...

oh for sure that's what they all say.:) tell us what a PAF sounds like please, I find they as do guitars all sound different!
don't take my word for it ask Billy Gibbons

As long as your happy that is the main thing. You know for every PAF style made these days there are people who either like or dislike them.

Say they are close or say no deal !!

Also for decades the 70's pups T top etc. where put down ,now they are the new best thing for some.

Like I say enjoy whatever , I doubt the Parsons imports will sound any better than the PB