Incoming NGD: If at first you don't succeed...

chimi

Reaction score
Not sure if it's the OCD, stupidity, or just plain nostalgia... Over the course of the last few years i have owned two Edwards John Sykes les pauls. Both were VERY nice guitars - probably two of the best sounding guitars i have ever owned. Unfortunately my problem is that i just don't hang on to guitars for a long time. There are only a handful that i have resolved not to sell- the others typically come and go.

So to shorten the story an Edwards Sykes model came up on Reverb last week and i made a strong push to get it. It should be arriving tomorrow... This one from the pictures and description seems to be dead mint (same can't be said for the last two i owned). From what i recall the neck on the last two was a *tad on the thick side for me. However, that may have been something i just convinced myself of to justify selling/trading them.

Will make sure to post pictures as soon as i get it. For now here is a placeholder from the seller.

jcdpbyzfc7uejf1rtjge.jpg

chimi

Reaction score
I vaguely remember having an Epiphone with a set of Dirty Fingers and not really being thrilled with them. My recollection is these sound more 'modern' compared to the dirty fingers.

Knoby

Reaction score
I love that feeling when the excitement of waiting for something is just too much and you have to tell everyone. It's like the night before Christmas.
Now I'm excited for you.
Don't forget to show us the real thing when you get it.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I vaguely remember having an Epiphone with a set of Dirty Fingers and not really being thrilled with them. My recollection is these sound more 'modern' compared to the dirty fingers.
They should be SH6 Duncan Distortions ... I'm not familiar with DFs though.
I could be wrong here, but I thought the original Gibson Sykes Custom had DF pups. Personally, the SD's should be far better.

Latest Threads