Incoming! LPR59ULFB

pondcaster

Reaction score
Dream guitar right there!

Congrats, hope you enjoy in good health for many years to come.

ONEHERO

Reaction score
I guess that one was from Sweetwater? If so make sure to weigh it when it arrives as their weight scale seem bonkers.

Ordered a special Strat sometime ago where they advertised it as 7lbs 1oz. Guess what… the 1oz was 10oz! Another time was a LP supposedly at 8lbs 6oz but it was 8lbs 14oz.

I have 3 scales at home and each one is calibrated and right on point …not sure how Sweetwater scales work:hmm:

Sirloin

Reaction score
I guess that one was from Sweetwater? If so make sure to weigh it when it arrives as their weight scale seem bonkers.

Ordered a special Strat sometime ago where they advertised it as 7lbs 1oz. Guess what… the 1oz was 10oz! Another time was a LP supposedly at 8lbs 6oz but it was 8lbs 14oz.

I have 3 scales at home and each one is calibrated and right on point …not sure how Sweetwater scales work:hmm:
Yeah, I specifically asked my sales “engineer” about that. They stated 8.0 on the nose. So if it’s wrong, it may go back if way off. Should be here today.

Last edited:

Sirloin

Reaction score
Beautiful... what year is it? And what's the color officially?
Serial number is a late 2021. It does have a six digit serial number, which is not my personal preference. Color is Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged Factory Burst.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice! If it's anything like my former ultralight Historic it'll be airy sounding, loud and bright. Definitely a very cool and unique sounding LP (and it cut through a mix like nobody's business!).

Congrats and HNGD

bluesoul

Reaction score
Yeah, I specifically asked my sales “engineer” about that. They stated 8.0 on the nose. So if it’s wrong, it may go back if way off. Should be here today.
That is crazy light. Hope the info is accurate! Please report back!
My 2 chambered cloud 9's come in barely under 8lbs.
Great color btw!

Sirloin

Reaction score
That is crazy light. Hope the info is accurate! Please report back!
My 2 chambered cloud 9's come in barely under 8lbs.
Great color btw!
Thanks. Will do.

I have non weight relieved R8 that is 8.7lbs and a USA 50s non weight relieved that is 8.6lbs. Also, lucky to have a R7 LP Custom from 2010 that is 9lbs on the nose. So, 8lbs is light but not too crazy.

A friend of mine has a Slash November burst that is 8.1lbs and non weight relieved.

bluesoul

Reaction score
So, 8lbs is light but not too crazy.
I would think those 8 pounders are outliers! 8.5 -9 seems typical.
9lbs on a custom is nice. Every time I look at customs and find one I want, when I see 10 or 11 pounds I shop shopping!
Look forward to hearing more about this new arrival!

Sirloin

Reaction score
Well, it’s definitely 8 lbs and will be even a tiny bit less with the plastic switch cover on the back. The flame top is subdued but really beautiful. Love the color on this one.

Love the checking. Doesn’t look like any finish is off except for a tiny spot next to the neck strap button.

It smells different. That’s probably the craziest thing about it.

Haven’t even plugged it in yet. Very loud acoustically and plays great. Feels slinky.

bluesoul

Reaction score
Well, it’s definitely 8 lbs

Now this is crazy. I also had "incoming" today. 2005 R9. Listed at 8.8lbs. When I take it out of the case it feels really light...Wieghed it here at work on our postal scale. 8lbs on the nose! Very cool, but unexpected. It smells normal tho!

This one could almost be called a plain top...has some peekaboo flame.

Might need to start a "show us those 8 pounders" thread!

bluesoul

Reaction score
It has some nice mineral streaks! Big diference in those pictures...your iphone pictures show a darker more rich look(more bourbon like).
I think with most players looking for a guitar, the first thing we notice, is a picture! If it does not catch your eye, most likely we will move on.
Enjoy!

jlb32

Reaction score
Awesome guitar!! Congratulations!

Weight is subjective on how the guitar feels and sounds.
As long as the weight and tone of the guitar is great to you personally, that is all that matters IMO.

Latest Threads