Incoming! Caution: PRS content

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered my first PRS yesterday... a 2020 Core series Paul's Guitar. I had a heck of a time finding one of this model with what I consider to be a subtle top. Nearly every one I looked at on-line had crazy flames and garish looking colors. Here are a couple dealer photos...

media_3c4cc86f-06a4-4279-a012-2c87aa131245_2000x.jpg

media_74d137a1-4adf-4182-9012-89d9f93a2b98_2000x.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands it!

A big 'Thank You' to Zach at CME for helping make this happen.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Enjoy it. PRS makes a fantastic guitar.
My DGT is usually my #1.

tigerflame

Reaction score
Yeah that's a really benign top for a PRS. I personally am not attracted to their stuff but it's certainly quality.

THAWK819

Reaction score
Yeah congrats... I can't imagine not loving that guitar. I've been really tempted to pull the trigger on one of the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24's with the Paul's guitar mods. I suspect you'll be very pleased with it.

I went the opposite of subtle with my McCarty .594... but it was love at first sight and it's been number #1 since the day I got it.

PRSMC594.jpg

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah congrats... I can't imagine not loving that guitar. I've been really tempted to pull the trigger on one of the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24's with the Paul's guitar mods. I suspect you'll be very pleased with it.

I went the opposite of subtle with my McCarty .594... but it was love at first sight and it's been number #1 since the day I got it.
WOW, beautiful guitar!

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, it finally got here! First impressions: Cosmetically perfect, light as a feather (7 lbs.) and very resonant. The top is much nicer than the dealer photos which were overexposed and washed out. Nice flame, and a rather conservative color (McCarty Burst).

The reason I chose this model was for the pickups, and they totally live up to the You Tube demos I've seen. The neck pickup in HB mode sounds fantastic, but in the single coil mode it's absolutely sublime. It NAILS that Strat neck pickup sound. And there's no significant loss in volume going from HB to SC mode. AMAZING!

The bridge pickup in HB mode sounds great... classic rock in spades. And in single coil mode sounds like a fat juicy Tele. I LOVE it!!!

The factory set up is nearly perfect. I may end up lowering the action a smidge, but damn this thing plays great as is. And intonation is very good, as I expected it would be.

I can't find anything to not like about this guitar.

TN-0300832.JPG

Last edited:

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
Paul's Guitar are easily my favorite PRS (I'd have one if I could get one without my wife putting all my stuff on our lawn), glad you're enjoying it

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul's Guitar are easily my favorite PRS (I'd have one if I could get one without my wife putting all my stuff on our lawn), glad you're enjoying it
I'd have been in trouble big time had I not sold a couple guitars first! :rofl:

Latest Threads