Incoming 57 GT

abracadaben

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger this week on my first vintage PAFs... The Nite Owl. Thx to a few forum members on helping confirm info... (Especially Eric Ernest and Kim).
Should get it next week in my hands.

57 GT refinished by HM (prior to purchasing). all original pretty much (factory reneck in early 60s with 50s neck and original FB)
would have been great to keep it gold... but HM did a great job too...

Im fucking stoked!!

i-czv5nkn-X3.jpg

Last edited:

yamariv

Reaction score
Congrats!! Just curious, howcome you didn't redo it in Gold or was it already getting bursted when you were buying? Either way, she's gonna be killer and we want a full report when you get it!!:cheers2:

Truth011

Reaction score
Congrats! That is a cool guitar. Do you know the neck dimensions?

truckermde

Reaction score
'57 GT was the first electric guitar I ever played, or even held, so it would be a dream-come-true to actually own one now.

Congratulations!! :)

:cheers2:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
CONGRATS ill give you my address if you dont like and want to donate.... :p Sweet guitar.

kakerlak

Reaction score
I'll be "that guy..." Those saddles sure are slammed to the back of the bridge; with the mention of a reneck, I wonder if it intonates sharp. Then again, if it happens to be spot on as-is, having them towards the back of the bridge basically eliminates the back-of-the-bridge break spot for the strings running to the tailpiece. It's pretty and I bet it's killer, though. Congrats!

bblooz

Reaction score
Congrats on the Vintage LP. Nothing beats old wood, and looks like at least a few people along the way thought this guitar was worth saving........enjoy!

abracadaben

Reaction score
yea from Eric E, the guitar had 1 owner until he grabbed it so its been pretty clean too. not mint but it wasnt price like that either :D

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "Nite Owl" sounds as good as you could possibly want a PAF Les Paul to sound. :thumb:
This is The Night Owl?

There was a thread on this guitar. I remember the re-neck, it had an SG type inlay in the headstock, right?
IIRC it was still gold then too(?).

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Awesome! One of these days I’d like to play a slab of old mahogany like that for a couple of hours...

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Can’t wait for more pics and a clip

Latest Threads