In the market for a multi-delay…

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to check the experiences of members concerning higher end multi-delay units.

I’m looking for something where I can store presets of a few different delays. A looper is obviously a plus and I’d like at least 3 presets.

I’ve made a short list of varying cost. I’m willing to go up to the higher end Strymon level:

Strymon Volante
Strymon Timeline
Boss DD500
TC Electronic Alter Ego X4
Joyo D Seed II
Joyo D Seed

Anyone have any insight or advice?

Musha Ring

Reaction score
The only of those I have experience with is the Boss. It was alright. I returned it after about a month. Didn't care for the layout.

I'd encourage you to check out the EHX Canyon/Grand Canyon. The quality of the effects is excellent and you get an awesome variety. They're priced well too.

shupe13

Reaction score
The Mooer Devon Townsend Ocean Machine.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Strymon Volante and the TC Alter Ego X4 seem to be favorites right now. The Strymon has 8 presets and the most detailed controls of any tube/tap echo I’ve seen. Lots of great options for tweaking but the preset recall does not seem as easy as the TC, particularly because the TC has footswitch assignable presets.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bid in on a TC Alter Ego X4 that's missing the power supply. We'll see how it turns out.

Latest Threads