In praise of The New Originals!

dCi_king

Reaction score
Actually, traded it for a mint Suhr Standard Pro.
Then I sold the Suhr for about 1100.00 more than I paid for the Gibson, so not bad.

but I miss that standard 50's...immensely.

You always can buy another one. I did the same with my 60s and I am about pull the trigger again.

peobryant

Reaction score

horax

Reaction score

pondcaster

Reaction score
Had a 50s HCS for a few weeks and it was impressive, to say the least. Nice top (not in the league of the one @jpfigueiredo has), perfect weight fur me at straight up nine pounds. The neck was maybe the best LP neck I've had the pleasure of playing. Just couldn't get along with the pickups...

Injector

Reaction score
Had a 50s HCS for a few weeks and it was impressive, to say the least. Nice top (not in the league of the one @jpfigueiredo has), perfect weight fur me at straight up nine pounds. The neck was maybe the best LP neck I've had the pleasure of playing. Just couldn't get along with the pickups...
They used to put BB1 and BB2 into Custom Shop Historics before they came out with the 'CustomBuckers'. What didn't you like about the Burstbuckers?

wjlim22

Reaction score
Nice to have the blank truss rod cover option on these. Not a costly bonus for Gibson, but feels like just a thoughtful option for them to include. What is the history behind this? Did they always include a blank cover or is this a new thing?

9-30 gibson lp.jpg

tigerflame

Reaction score
Nice to have the blank truss rod cover option on these. Not a costly bonus for Gibson, but feels like just a thoughtful option for them to include. What is the history behind this? Did they always include a blank cover or is this a new thing?

View attachment 491793
The original 50s and 60s models had blank covers. The ones with model names on them are not era-correct. But for people not to complain, they just threw in both.

pondcaster

Reaction score
They used to put BB1 and BB2 into Custom Shop Historics before they came out with the 'CustomBuckers'. What didn't you like about the Burstbuckers?
Too much twang for me, is best I can say.

The 61s that come in the 60s Standards (and the recent classic I got) are more to my liking... Total personal preference, for sure.

danzego

Reaction score

View attachment 491793
I can't speak for every model or year, but I know for the Standard 50s and 60s they did, but they didn't include a blank for the 2019 Traditionals. Man, it's 15-20 bucks retail just to get a Gibson brand one. :facepalm:

wjlim22

Reaction score
I can't speak for every model or year, but I know for the Standard 50s and 60s they did, but they didn't include a blank for the 2019 Traditionals. Man, it's 15-20 bucks retail just to get a Gibson brand one. :facepalm:
They are probably like $0.10 to make!

Pappy35

Reaction score
I just got a 50's Standard and it came with one. I actually prefer the one with the lettering so the blank one's in the case.

wjlim22

Reaction score
I just got a 50's Standard and it came with one. I actually prefer the one with the lettering so the blank one's in the case.
Good idea. I am definitely keeping the one not used in the case.

Can we see pics of your new 50s???

Pappy35

Reaction score
Good idea. I am definitely keeping the one not used in the case.

Can we see pics of your new 50s???
I posted a NGD thread. Should be easy to find. I don't want to flood the board with the same pictures over and over. I called it NGD...NW.

Latest Threads