In praise of The New Originals!

cowsgomoo

Reaction score
my 2020 60's standard caught the sun nicely today so I thought i'd add my guitar to the thread

cgmlp1.jpg

Reaction score
I guess you can call this a New Original 50's (customized a bit) I've had this '22 Slash Standard for 2 months now and it is just a joy to play. Everything to me is perfect right out of the box (other than adjusting the action a little lower). The Gibson Slash Pro pups are awesome sounding too and the fat neck profile is what I like, although my 60's standard neck is nice too. This is just an overall dream guitar to me.
284337239_1409277536485063_576550971313457167_n.jpg

pondcaster

Reaction score
I guess you can call this a New Original 50's (customized a bit) I've had this '22 Slash Standard for 2 months now and it is just a joy to play. Everything to me is perfect right out of the box (other than adjusting the action a little lower). The Gibson Slash Pro pups are awesome sounding too and the fat neck profile is what I like, although my 60's standard neck is nice too. This is just an overall dream guitar to me.
View attachment 612769
Holy mackerel!,... Is there a nicer Slash top out there? If so, doubt there's more than a couple, imo.

Thank you for posting that beaut, I was hoping we'd have more Slashers in this thread... Yours is truly gorgeous.

Reaction score
Holy mackerel!,... Is there a nicer Slash top out there? If so, doubt there's more than a couple, imo.

Thank you for posting that beaut, I was hoping we'd have more Slashers in this thread... Yours is truly gorgeous.
thanks! I just happened upon this beauty looking through Sweetwater one day. I've never seen one like this. I had my sales rep hold it back for a couple hours before making the sale. I didn't NEED another Les Paul but....ya know how that goes. ;)