JesseXGibson

Reaction score
Les Paul standard 60’s in iced tea, my #1

E1B735C2-72D2-4486-8D5A-DD4E24DC8828.jpeg

7A3E9C70-692A-4742-A453-E532159A9802.jpeg

E51761B3-9397-4CBE-82C4-D729E0255703.jpeg

pondcaster

Reaction score
Just got back from our family's Sunday morning jam. Normally just my older brother (bass), my twin bro (guitar), twin bro's father in-law (mandolin) and me (guitar and sometimes bass.) Sometimes sister comes and sings but she didn't make it today.

For the last month or so, we've been setting up outside with amps in truck beds and hatchbacks with just an extension cord required. Distanced appropriately, of course. Really liking the outdoor setup now, may never go back inside the dairy barn until temp gets too low for Papa?

Anyhoo, ...Good God I love this guitar!

Last edited:

jbash

Reaction score
Xna8lcq.jpg

Anyways, I got the guitar expecting to swap pickups. I have a set of uncovered The Mule from a previous project. I tend to prefer lower output pickups. However, after playing this guitar I can’t bring myself to change anything on it. This guitar sounds amazing. The dynamics I get from this is outstanding. I can’t get a bad tone out of this thing. I won’t commit to never changing pickups on it, but for now, stock pickups are staying in.

Same experience with the Slashbuckers..cough...er...Custom Alniico II Burstbuckers.

I swapped mine out after a bit, put some Duncan 59s in- Sounded awesome. but not what I wanted. Put some Rewind T tops in, sounded awesome, best those pickups have ever sounded, but not what I was looking for. Put the stockers back in and not sure they are coming out again. The Slashbucker pickups are much more versatile and "vintagey" than I thought they would be. Instant Zeppelin II tone through my Marshalls. Def not like the Duncan Slash set or Duncan standard Alnico II Pros.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Slashbuckers..cough...er...Custom Alniico II Burstbuckers.

Mine was shipped from the factory in June 2020, per checklist date. The sickers on the back of the pickups, also dated on June 2020, both say Slashbucker. But yes Custom Burstbucker Alnico II.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Okay I found a major problem with my Slash Standard. My wife and I like to watch stuff at night and since we use headphones, I’m usually practicing unplugged while we watch stuff we both like. Often times she goes to bed a little before me and I stay in the living room watching guitar related stuff and continue practicing. My wife is a light sleeper so she wears earplugs. Our home is big enough that playing guitar unplugged doesn’t usually bug her down the hallway in our room. Except the Slash Standard is so loud unplugged that I can’t play it after my wife goes to bed otherwise she can’t sleep. These are very sad times.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Okay I found a major problem with my Slash Standard. My wife and I like to watch stuff at night and since we use headphones, I’m usually practicing unplugged while we watch stuff we both like. Often times she goes to bed a little before me and I stay in the living room watching guitar related stuff and continue practicing. My wife is a light sleeper so she wears earplugs. Our home is big enough that playing guitar unplugged doesn’t usually bug her down the hallway in our room. Except the Slash Standard is so loud unplugged that I can’t play it after my wife goes to bed otherwise she can’t sleep. These are very sad times.

If that at some point becomes untenable, I think it's important to remember that we are here for you.

And for your Les Paul. (Will pay full shipping!)

And to a much less degree, your wonderful wife.

pondcaster

Reaction score
My 2019 Original Collection LP Special.

I have had nothing but praise for this guitar. Love it.

udkEggO.jpg

.. and everything's going pretty good (I mean guitar wise, earth wise not so much?), nope don't need anything else. Totally loving my gear. Could even sell that ol strat...? No need for anything more.

And this happens. Cannot unsee that rock & roll machine.

Latest Threads