In praise of The New Originals!

pondcaster

Reaction score

Searched briefly but didn't see an "Owners Club" for these so kinda thought they deserved one.

Beginning sometime mid '19, was a nice start to the post-HenryJ era it seems.

If you're an owner of one from the series or just like them, please feel free to join, post pics, praise, blast, post pics, suggest, encourage, enable, post pics, educate, etc!

Lovely Lads, indeed.

Post 'em pics of those beauts!

JMP

Reaction score
I don’t have one of the new Original Series. But I admire them and can’t get enough Spinal Tap.

Beautiful photos so far!

PauloQS

Reaction score
Standard ‘50s: picture taken as I was using the dinner table to work on the nut of the guitar.

Slash Standard in November Burst: Technically not a original collection, but it’s close enough to a Standard ‘50s that I think it fits the bill

So, there are were a few selling points for going for Slash while owning a Standard ‘50s. 1) Hi my name is Paulo and I’m a Les Paul addict. 2) Weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. 3) Finance options. 4) Demo savings due to a tiny delamination on the binding that did not affect how it plays. 5) Looks (finish & top). 6) Unmounted pickguard. 7) Watching the Living the Dream published concert a little bit too much. 8) Amazing return policy by the seller.

Anyways, I got the guitar expecting to swap pickups. I have a set of uncovered The Mule from a previous project. I tend to prefer lower output pickups. However, after playing this guitar I can’t bring myself to change anything on it. This guitar sounds amazing. The dynamics I get from this is outstanding. I can’t get a bad tone out of this thing. I won’t commit to never changing pickups on it, but for now, stock pickups are staying in.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Standard ‘50s: picture taken as I was using the dinner table to work on the nut of the guitar.

Slash Standard in November Burst: Technically not a original collection, but it’s close enough to a Standard ‘50s that I think it fits the bill

So, there are were a few selling points for going for Slash while owning a Standard ‘50s. 1) Hi my name is Paulo and I’m a Les Paul addict. 2) Weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. 3) Finance options. 4) Demo savings due to a tiny delamination on the binding that did not affect how it plays. 5) Looks (finish & top). 6) Unmounted pickguard. 7) Watching the Living the Dream published concert a little bit too much. 8) Amazing return policy by the seller.

Anyways, I got the guitar expecting to swap pickups. I have a set of uncovered The Mule from a previous project. I tend to prefer lower output pickups. However, after playing this guitar I can’t bring myself to change anything on it. This guitar sounds amazing. The dynamics I get from this is outstanding. I can’t get a bad tone out of this thing. I won’t commit to never changing pickups on it, but for now, stock pickups are staying in.
Wow, although both are sweet beyond belief, that Slash Standard is mesmerizing.

And I'm just talking about the top! Sure the tones match or exceed, if that's even possible.

MiniB

Reaction score
That slack looks really nice. Yeah looking at those specs I was pretty impressed by the offering, and I like that there aren't ay Slash graphics/logo to identify it from the front if one is look gin for more of a regular Standard.

Latest Threads