In Okinawa Japan and I found an Epiphone Les Paul MIJ 2006 with the Gibson logo and headstock

rsswesley

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen this guitar before. I can go back and get pics. They are asking around 650.00 American for it. It is wine red with p90s. The serial number does pull up as a MIJ Epi but it does have the Gibson logo and the Gibson headstock. Just wondering if it’s worth what they are asking. Thanks for any info you can provide.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
If it's claimed to be an Epi, but has a Gibson logo on it, it's probably neither?

We need pics.

Troy McClure

Reaction score
Serial tallies with a 2006 lacquer series MIJ Epiphone but never seen one with P90's in wine red . Obviously been modified if it now has a Gibson logo ( headstock sounds factory) so that's cut it's resale value straight away.

Hard to say if it's worth it as it all depends on how well they've done the finish and P90 routes if they've been done later. I've a MIJ Epi LPC90 that I've been meaning to convert to P90's for ages so pics would be good to see. Price wise it depends what you can get similar especially if you're already in Japan you'd have the pick of loads of second hand Les Pauls so it's probably not worth it for you.

DrBGood

Reaction score
It can be Chinese, as on EpiphoneWiki.
  • F - Fuji-gen (Japan)
  • F - Qingdao (China)

Are you talking about Gibson on the truss rod cover ?
We really need pics of headstock back and front.

rsswesley

Reaction score
Did not make it out today but we are going in the morning to get pics.

Last edited:

JESimons

Reaction score
that's not the guitar., That is a 1988 Sheraton..

Gibson did put their name on the headstock along with the Epiphone logo in the past.. although I've never seen it on a Les Paul.. :)

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen this guitar before. I can go back and get pics. They are asking around 650.00 American for it. It is wine red with p90s. The serial number does pull up as a MIJ Epi but it does have the Gibson logo and the Gibson headstock. Just wondering if it’s worth what they are asking. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Probably worth the asking price in the current market, maybe a bit high. 50-100$ lower?

I have an 03 MIK Epi LP which cost half that over 15 years ago, and although it’s a fine instrument (with the Gibson truss rod cover) it doesn’t carry the MIJ mystique, despite having some MIK “mojo” or whatever.

Latest Threads