In ear monitor

ricky1918

Reaction score
Hello folks, hope it's the correct place to post my question.

I've got a question, you see, I'm interested in IEM, and was thinking of getting a very low end system, just for trying it and because my band isn't big enough to justify dropping too much cash on it.
Plus we only play small locations. We all go thru pc, and then 2 XLRs to FOH, we manage all the mix and stuff from stage.

I was thinking of the cheapest system from Thomann, TBone IEM 75. If I like it I might send it back and get something more expensive, but my question is:

I was thinking of pairing it with Shure SE215.
Now, obviously there are people selling their used headphones, even for half the price.

Would you consider buying them used? I mean, after having cleaned them properly, would it still be "awkward" and unsanitary?

sk8rat

Reaction score
used? no way. thats gross. even if they were "cleaned" there is still ear gunk in the little grill inside that they probably couldn't get out.

ricky1918

Reaction score
Yeah dude, I wanted to understand if it is actually gross or what lol

Edit: I was in doubt because I used to "work" at a Bose store in UK. From time to time dudes came in asking to try the headphones we had, like the SoundSport, stuff like that. When they had finished, manager used to take out of the desk some cleaning compound and clean them, put them back in their case and wait for the next customer to ask to try them.

Latest Threads