In a 30w 2x12" combo.....

Paul46

Reaction score
Does each speaker receive 30w of power or is the output shared between the pair of them and therefore halved?

Apologies for the insultingly novice question, but electricity baffles the hell out of me!

Paul46

Reaction score
Oh and thanks for the answer Marshall&Moonshine, appreciate it.

sonar

Reaction score
Look, I'm embarrassed enough as it is! :laugh2:
You shouldn't be embarrassed. You should stand tall and proud!

I had an old Bass player who was also gloriously ambivalent to gear. He always got a laugh out of my fascination with amps. I'll guess both he and you are wired the same way. "Don't know... don't care... can't be bothered too much... Let's play!"

I admire that.

WhippingPost

Reaction score
You shouldn't be embarrassed. You should stand tall and proud!

I had an old Bass player who was also gloriously ambivalent to gear. He always got a laugh out of my fascination with amps. I'll guess both he and you are wired the same way. "Don't know... don't care... can't be bothered too much... Let's play!"

I admire that.
Same here. It's only embarrassing when you're around gearheads, and we're nerds. I've sat with my local group of gearheads drinking "deep thought juice," and discussed at length whether we would be better musicians if we didn't spend the time thinking about and researching all of the little aspects about our relative tones.

sonar

Reaction score
Same here. It's only embarrassing when you're around gearheads, and we're nerds. I've sat with my local group of gearheads drinking "deep thought juice," and discussed at length whether we would be better musicians if we didn't spend the time thinking about and researching all of the little aspects about our relative tones.
It goes both ways.

Eric Johnson can tell you what brand of carbon battery is in his Fuzzface just by the level of fuzz.

Keith Richards probably hasn't tuned a guitar since Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister of England.