Impressed With The New Les Paul Trad Pro V

golem

Reaction score
To me it addresses most of the complains I've had with R8s, Les Paul Customs, Standards, and Studio model LPs I've owned.

I love having the locking tuners. The coil tap reminds me of what PRS has been doing on models since 2012 with the DGT (resistor in the circuit). Not sure if that's a real tap, but I like it. I've always been a fan of out of phase tones. The neck feels great and upper fret access is a bit better. The weight is perfect. The pickups sound reasonably close to Duncan 59s.

I could see this one being a keeper.

rHyfhh6.jpg

This is definitely great for someone who wants something that breaks with tradition.

golem

Reaction score
I guess the model is a GC exclusive? I thought it was just the color initially. That might explain why it's more challenging to find information about it.

It's hard to find an explanation of what the HP wiring dip switches actually do, specs on tradbuckers, information on the compound radius, and asymmetrical nut. I was buying this because a friend needed cash to fix his house, ended up surprised that it's got the kind of specs I dreamed of a Gibson having.

EasyAce

Reaction score
I wish they'd make more Les Paul models in blueberry burst!

Now, not that it really matters in the big picture, but I guess for me that guitar would look better with black reflector knobs.

golem

Reaction score
I wish they'd make more Les Paul models in blueberry burst!

Now, not that it really matters in the big picture, but I guess for me that guitar would look better with black reflector knobs.
Knobs are easy to change. I'd probably go for something easier to grab for the push-pull. But... if you've got an example of what you're thinking of let me know because now I'm curious.

EasyAce

Reaction score
Knobs are easy to change. I'd probably go for something easier to grab for the push-pull. But... if you've got an example of what you're thinking of let me know because now I'm curious.
For your guitar with the white trim otherwise, it'd be the black reflectors. I have a very different blueberry burst, with enough black trim but came with black reflectors . . . but I thought these knobs seemed a lot more right for it . . .

1664150160830.png

I put the black reflectors on another ES-335 I own . . .
1664150273700.png

bytemare

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I'm a fan. These things are anything but traditional. They (finally) have more modern features. I made a few cosmetic changes. Love this guitar and all of the "modern" features.

20221007_094608.jpg

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
The Trad Pro V satins are now $2399 and flame-tops are now $3099. Wow, these price increases are relatively recent, right? I could have sworn I looked at these just days ago and they were $2099 and $2799, respectively.

golem

Reaction score
I bought this used a few weeks ago and they were 3099 new then. Last I saw people talking about their prices being lower online was a good year ago.

Last edited:

Barber2020

Reaction score
And speaking of the compound radius, I've checked mine with a radius gauges a few times to make sure...but mine seems to be a straight 12" radius wherever I check. If it is compound, I can't seem to find where and it must be miniscule. Love the neck anyway though!

wmachine

Reaction score
Congrats. Trad Pros have a history of being great guitars and solid values. I have a 2015 Traditional Pro 3T. Really like it.

bytemare

Reaction score
I guess the model is a GC exclusive? I thought it was just the color initially. That might explain why it's more challenging to find information about it.

It's hard to find an explanation of what the HP wiring dip switches actually do, specs on tradbuckers, information on the compound radius, and asymmetrical nut. I was buying this because a friend needed cash to fix his house, ended up surprised that it's got the kind of specs I dreamed of a Gibson having.

There should be a sticker on the plastic cover on the back that lists what all the switches and push/pulls do. I can definitely feel the asymmetrical neck, I couldn't imagine would it be again but actually it's really comfortable for leads.

peiyuanchao

Reaction score
with the fortune of having a family friend works at Gibson USA-
He help me got a set of covered Trad bucker from the factory!

he gave me the specs too:
Both Alnico 5:
Neck 7.28k
Bridge 8.64k

that combanation really works with the system, vintage sounding but versatile.

CoolRene

Reaction score
Pro V maybe, but certainly not traditional.
Seems like Gibson made this one just to step on PRS’s toes.