important:...Stopping fake Les Pauls

LongBeach

Reaction score
not stupid...cost is a factor and the naive buyers will pay $400 and theyll be happy to make that much off of them..the buyer should seek out the details themselves and not be so lazy...but if we post the obvious fake spots..theyll change it for those naive buyers...my concern is if they were to move upmarket as the japanese did.

Yes, but, stupidity still plays a major role for the builders.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
I take it this is directed at me then,

sorry yeah i guess it is a bit silly. But partly I did it for my own benefit - as I'm currently in the market for a new guitar, specifically an R8.

I was on my break at work, noticed a few of the pictures looked a little off, and posted up about it in order to get some opinions whilst i got back to doing my job. When i came back, I too could see all of the points that were pointed out in that thread. So it was perhaps an unnecessary question.

For the record, I reported the listing to eBay anyway. I'd hate to see someone drop 1000's on a guitar and get burned.

I take your point on board though.

No..nothing against you..yes your thread sparked the idea, you had the right to ask and even if you bought the guitar knowing it was a fake..thats fine. My only concern is if a market opens up for more upscale fakes at a higher price tag...they may start out crappy at first as a lot of the details will be obvious to someone who is willing to spend that kind of money...who most likely already owns a Gibson and will know what a gibson feels like..but they bought that Gibson off Ebay or something lets say..not an asian site as were most modern fakes are originating from.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;1746141 said:
No, it's still there...check the other thread in the Gibson section. :thumb::laugh2:

yeah sorry, figured it pertained to members of both sections.

Latest Threads