Imagine my chagrin

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
I believe I played that very guitar you have there once... Your brother is a very good drummer as I recall. :cool:

cmh6122

Reaction score
I believe I played that very guitar you have there once... Your brother is a very good drummer as I recall. :cool:
When we can keep him awake.
Small world. Work at Steam?

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A lot of guitar for that money IMHO.
I am obviously extraordinarily biased, but I have never played a Les Paul that was as sweet playing as my Artisan. I have never owned another LP, but I have spent time with easily 100 over the last 40 years including the 59 burst owned by the guy I bought the Artisan from and an R9(with a $5900 price tag) during my one and only Guitar Center adventure this spring.
$2800 is a low price for if it is in good condition, I have seen one go for $3800 that was in excellent condition

The Refugee

Reaction score
People need to get it through their thick skulls that there are good and bad guitars in every year from 1952 to 2011! Only by searching, holding, feeling and playing can you ever make a judgemental decision. Anyone who says otherwise is a bloody fool!:slap:
Those damned cork sniffers lied to me?!

cmh6122

Reaction score
I have discovered computer magic.

can this go on?

Seems it can.

more?

ant_riv

Reaction score
Well, I was going to say "really nice guitar", but you already know that better than I do!

So how about "Happy New Year!"?

Errr, um, never mind, carry on.

Nice pics!

:applause:

Lurko

Reaction score
Dude. :cool: A Fender sticker on the case for one of the sweetest LPs evar? For shame.:facepalm:

cmh6122

Reaction score
Dude. :cool: A Fender sticker on the case for one of the sweetest LPs evar? For shame.:facepalm:
Most of this guitars giggin' time, I played it through 2 mid-50's tweed deluxes. Wish I still had one of those.

lunchbox

Reaction score
It's nice to see something different here. I don't see a lot of these on this forum.

Since this was the top o tha line at the time, does it still have the pancake body? Or was this more of like a custom shop type git?

cmh6122

Reaction score
It's nice to see something different here. I don't see a lot of these on this forum.

Since this was the top o tha line at the time, does it still have the pancake body? Or was this more of like a custom shop type git?
One piece body. There are some places that it almost looks like a seem, but that is finish gooping caused by a plastic back guard that I had on it for a while when it was new.

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
That is post-pancake era for sure.

I don't or have not worked at Steam. I do shop there and used to work with your drummer brother waaaaay back in time. :cool:

In fact, you were the one who let me play it.

cmh6122

Reaction score
That is post-pancake era for sure.

I don't or have not worked at Steam. I do shop there and used to work with your drummer brother waaaaay back in time. :cool:

In fact, you were the one who let me play it.
Did you perchance own a white Les Paul with a Floyd Rose back in the day?

Olds442

Reaction score
i burst into laughter at "jizz pocket".

beautiful guitars you have there! :cheers:

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
Did you perchance own a white Les Paul with a Floyd Rose back in the day?
Not a Floyd but a Kahler. I think you are on to me now... :hmm:

I still have that butchered Norlin Deluxe! :cool:

gtr-tek

Fumble Fingers
Reaction score
Tell Steve "Hey!" I thought I figured you out a while back with some of your comments and location. Small world! Are you guys still jamming?

Latest Threads