I'm so excited! Finally my elusive Exrubato!

Roxy13

Reaction score
I've wanted an Exrubato custom ever since I saw one. And not one of those new JT series, but a MIJ one with the 5p neck and real ebony fretboard.

I finally had my chance this morning! The color is rather unusual and it took a few days to grow on me, at least based on the seller's photos here.

exrubato.jpg

exrubatoback.jpg

Roxy13

Reaction score
They call it brown sunburst and that is what is on the paperwork, but I've seen others I would consider brown sunburst and they were quite different than this one.

What would you call that? Fireburst?

BKS

Reaction score
If that is brown i wonder how the red looks...
Beautiful btw :yesway:

nopea

Reaction score
Thinking I want to take a day trip up to Matsumoto and watch these genius at work :cool:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Thinking I want to take a day trip up to Matsumoto and watch these genius at work :cool:
Oh, I would love to. I suspect I'd learn more in one day from Mr. Momose than a lifetime of fumbling around building my own guitars.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Emberburst?
Congrats.
I miss being exited about guitars.
I`m very happy for you.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow Roxy, that is just stunning! The aesthetic appointments on that guitar are off the charts.

Congratulations and happy new guitar day!

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I saw that up for sale and like the look of it very much.I had a grey one about 10 years ago that I foolishly sold, mostly because it was so pristine I didn't feel worthy to play it. Looking forward to your NGD post!

Last edited:

zeneffect

Reaction score
So... I figure you are very much like me and a few others and will refuse to pay over what you think the price should be. That being said, how long did you wait before the stars aligned?

Wulfman... that's how I felt about my PRS and why I will never own another one.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flamed violin burst and gold hardware compliment each other nicely. So much sexier than gold on CSB - IMHO.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Congrats! I saw that up for sale and like the look of it very much.I had a grey one about 10 years ago that I foolishly sold, mostly because it was so pristine I didn't feel worthy to play it. Looking forward to your NGD post!
I remember seeing your gray one as I looked at these and researched them.

That is a concern to have such a nice guitar! One thing about a lot of my guitars is that they've already been played for decades so you don't feel bad about it. I do know I'll be treating this like it's made out of gold.

So... I figure you are very much like me and a few others and will refuse to pay over what you think the price should be. That being said, how long did you wait before the stars aligned?

Wulfman... that's how I felt about my PRS and why I will never own another one.
For the past 1.5 years that wasn't even as much of a concern about overpaying, although normally it is. There just haven't been many at all for sale. It had to be a used one as I've drawn a hard personal line for myself about what I'm willing to spend on a guitar. And I wanted the custom the most. A nice looking blue one was listed on YJ last year, maybe September? But, at the time I also needed a roof repair and that had to take priority. There have been 3 Jazz models recently that I passed on. I'm not that big on natural for color or the black hardware. I really liked those limited edition ones with the cherry blossums on the fretboard and pickguard. Maybe eventually I'll be able to get a used one of those :)

Latest Threads