I'm selling my Shop Fox Pin Router w/ 3.5hp Router Motor

EagleOnyx

Reaction score
Dang, I just bought a new one of those too. I haven't even unboxed it yet. Is it as nice to use as I think it will be?

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
Dang, I just bought a new one of those too. I haven't even unboxed it yet. Is it as nice to use as I think it will be?

its a PITA to set up square....

I ditched the plastic/rubbery mount between the arm and the table and used metal shims sourced from a feeler gauge set.

use the same technique as my drill press setup and it will be dead on... (I used 1/4" OD brake line tube in the router collet rather than a coat hanger like the drill press)

however... once you get the rack perfectly perpendicular to the base in all axiis..

you woul'nt know what you did without it

(the directions tell you to torque the arm mounting bolts differently to "squish" the plastic spacer and allign the arm.. SCREW THAT.. use shims and set the torque the same on all foour bolts.. MUCH better in the long run)

OH.. and don;t forget to oil the cyclinder.. I did.. and it sucked :shock::laugh2:

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
its a PITA to set up square....

I ditched the plastic/rubbery mount between the arm and the table and used metal shims sourced from a feeler gauge set.

use the same technique as my drill press setup and it will be dead on... (I used 1/4" OD brake line tube in the router collet rather than a coat hanger like the drill press)

however... once you get the rack perfectly perpendicular to the base in all axiis..

you woul'nt know what you did without it

(the directions tell you to torque the arm mounting bolts differently to "squish" the plastic spacer and allign the arm.. SCREW THAT.. use shims and set the torque the same on all foour bolts.. MUCH better in the long run)

OH.. and don;t forget to oil the cyclinder.. I did.. and it sucked :shock::laugh2:

Yup, the first thing I did was ditch the rubber gasket. Another tip, which I never got around to doing, if you need more room under the router, you can make a simple riser block out of aluminum. I used MDF and its crazy how much it compressed. It was solid though, but I would still recommend aluminum. Also squaring it up with shims is a must. A while back I bought a pack of 6x12 machinist shims from Grainger. Best purchase ever. I use them on everything from squaring up machines to adjusting the height on the locking nut of a Floyd setup!!

As they say, I am moving on up...........to a Delta RU-50. Got it home and in the shop last night. Almost 600lb of glorious Pin Router!!!! Took 4 guys to get it out of my Jeep!!!

emoney

Reaction score
Don't wanna speak for him, but pretty sure he said he sold it 1 1/2 years ago.

JEguitars

Reaction score
Yeah, dang I was all excited til i noticed the dates, I was gonna snatch this up.

timsledge

Reaction score
do you know where i could find a shop fox pin router for sale? having trouble finding one

BleedingGums

Reaction score
Just in case you have not checked ebay, here is a Bosch 93940 in Texas. Current bid is at $50 (ends tomorrow). I know nothing about these, but it looks similar to the Shop Fox in terms of size at least.

Bosch Overarm Router Model 93940 | eBay

or, if you are near the N.E. Ohio area, here is an old Stanley-Carter on Craigslist for $895. A bit more than the Bosch above, but it looks to be old iron, & quite a bit larger.

Stanley-Carter patternmakers router

Obviously the two above would be feasible if you are close to where they are, but you might want to keep an eye out on your local Craigslist to see if something pops up.

Latest Threads