I'm not allowed to go to Walmart with my wife anymore.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Our Walmarts here are very nice and pleasant. And they have good meat and produce, and are generally less expensive than the other options (Kroger, Meijer). I especially dislike our local Kroger's. The parking lot is so small it's hard to drive a full size pickup around it and get parked. The pharmacist is a crazy, evil bitch. The aisles are also overcrowded and hard to maneuver around in.

For the first time a couple of days ago I did the self checkout with my full grocery shopping. The store was very dead and only 2 normal registers were open with long lines at both. It actually worked out pretty nicely. There was a hand scanner so I was able to leave all the large, heavy things in my cart and just scan them with that. I have to say my cart was packed neater and nicer than it's ever been with my doing it at my own pace. My only complaint was that for some reason the conveyor belt stopped moving on it's own when I was about halfway done scanning and packing. I couldn't find a button that would move it forward so I had to keep going to the end and getting things. I might use it though more often now.

And even with my doing that, no one checked me after for any theft.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
The WM in my town does not check receipts and purchased items after check out.. but our WM never has enough open, manned checkout stands. But it is no worse than our Kroger’s and Albertsons. And I haven’t seen a “15 item” line open at any of these stores for many months.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Walmarts here stopped checking receipts awhile back (and this is still considered the Chicago Metro Area, albeit the fringes)

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I felt the same way about GC. Every time I went there, even just for ONE thing, they always had an "inspector" at the door.

The funny thing is, it's a relatively small store, and no matter where you are, there's always a salesperson within 2-3ft.

They must have scaled back a bit, because the last time I was there, no more "inspector".

MusicIsKey

Reaction score
I'm fine with it. It'd be nice to have more people checking when the lines start getting long though.

The more jobs the better. "Shit" job but still a job.

irocdave12

Reaction score
The receipt checkers aren't all that bad. It's the loss prevention guys that chase you across the parking lot to your car that piss me off

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Some of those old biddies want to go through and find and highlight every item one by one and expect you to rebag for them. Nope! I go around the people who fall for it.
pardon me ma'am, I gotta go.
Sir, youre receipt i...
*walking faster* Its okay ma'am I have my receipt, have a great day!!!

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind Walmart too much it’s the crowds that I can’t stand

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I have the pleasure of working fairly close to this Wal-Mart, here's some highlights:

"STAPLETON, Colo. — Shoplifting, car break-ins, even strong-armed robberies. Not exactly what you expect when you head to Walmart.

But that's exactly what shoppers have come to expect at the Walmart in Stapleton in recent years. So much so that Denver City Council is considering renewing a contract to provide police protection at that store, which is something Walmart has agreed to pay for through reimbursement to the city.

The city says the current contract pays the city about $285,000 per year to ensure cops patrol the store seven days a week.
The store was, by a long shot, the worst in the city for shoplifting with 283 reported cases in one year alone, according to the Denver Post. That's 179 more than the second-highest shoplifting location in the city for that year, the Rite Aid on the 16th Street Mall.

The Stapleton Walmart reported to police that it loses $1.5 million each year to theft. "

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/new-policing-measures-helping-to-curb-issue-of-shoplifting-at-stapleton-walmart
Thats like the only thing open all night in the area for many many miles. They're typically so understaffed it looks to me like you could just go grab what you need and walk out. That overnight shift has got to be brutal. Its definitely not one of those Walmarts where you camp

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
and the little rug-rat/pilot fish that's orbiting...

poor guy almost gets crushed by the Mountain of Moms that comes crashing down at his feet.

what an awesome spectacle and influence for the little guy to witness. /snark "hey little guy, this is how garbage-women act in public. Take note,. and Never Date Garbage Women!"