I'm in love with an import Marshall

TheX

Cool story, bro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Origin 50 head that I play through a JCM 800 (lead 1960) 4x12 with Celestion 75's. The Origin head sounds amazing, very much a true Marshall sound. I've had the head for about a year now, and it has earned a forever home here.

Any other Origin owners?

rich85

Reaction score
Waiting for stock to get back into Australia to get a 20 watt. I have gigged with the 50 watt. I just set tilt to 1, all other EQ on 4 and used a Tubescreamer. Sounded great. I wasn't a fan when I first tried them but after some messing round I found you simply have to set the power as low as possible and have the master volume up to get the sounds I like.

I currently use a 2061x and want something not so expensive for some gigs. The DSL20 is decent but the voicing isn't quite what I am after.

Brek

Reaction score
Just a origin 5 here, now in a head box as the combo was just awful, cheap low density particle board, awful 8in speaker. Played through a couple of 10’s or even 12’s it’s merely acceptable, good news for me is the new caps and resistors have arrived. Right back at cha, I am starting to love that Fender thing, that’s an import for us over the pond.

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
Played one. Loved it. Can't justify the purchase, tbh.

Sweet amp!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I didnt like the Origin. I do want the SV20 head though.

JTM45

Reaction score
Man I’ve been gassing for a marshall head for a while, I haven’t played the origin yet but I’d like to, I’d also like to play the DSL 20

Now you really have me gassing

LP1865

Reaction score
Still wondering if I should get a DSL1 head for Christmas. It's priced at $287 USD at Amazon, cheaper than the US prices

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still wondering if I should get a DSL1 head for Christmas. It's priced at $287 USD at Amazon, cheaper than the US prices
I've had one since about a year after they were released. I have three cabs I can plug into. They are an awesome wee amp. I replaced V1 with a 12AT7 to knock down the fizz on the Ultra Gain channel.

lespauled

Reaction score
I played one and was amazed at how great it sounded. Congrats!!!!

Arf

Reaction score
I have an Origin 50 head that I play through a JCM 800 (lead 1960) 4x12 with Celestion 75's. The Origin head sounds amazing, very much a true Marshall sound. I've had the head for about a year now, and it has earned a forever home here.

Any other Origin owners?
After owning a 73 Major (w/Blackmore Mod), a Vintage Modern and two 2204's I have to say the Origin didn't cut it. Nothing really wrong with it I can point out, just what I was used to hearing wasn't there. But I'm glad you like it and that it's doing the job for you. It's a great deal on a well made amp.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
After owning a 73 Major (w/Blackmore Mod), a Vintage Modern and two 2204's I have to say the Origin didn't cut it. Nothing really wrong with it I can point out, just what I was used to hearing wasn't there. But I'm glad you like it and that it's doing the job for you. It's a great deal on a well made amp.
Same here. The SV20 immediately had "that sound" Origin didn't, even after some knob twisting.

Arf

Reaction score
Same here. The SV20 immediately had "that sound" Origin didn't, even after some knob twisting.
I've driven myself nuts, knob tweaking for an hour trying to find a tone I could love, and arrived at the conclusion years ago that if you don't find your sound in thirty seconds, it's not there. After subjecting myself to that yet again, I sent the Origin back the next day.

rich85

Reaction score
The Origin does its own Marshall sound in a way. It has a nicer sound on 10 like its about to collapse as it doesn't get fizzy.

Demo of 50 watt combo on 10, my mate is playing, gain also on 10 no boost:

Latest Threads