I'm having a bad day

Roxy13

Reaction score
First, my male cat, Mr. GQ, has urine crystals and can't pee. So I rush him to the vet and as I pull into the parking lot my truck lost oil pressure. So I take him in and walk back out so I can talk on the phone without a mask on. I call the dealer to tell them it is coming in and get some numbers for a tow. None of the tow guys called back.

Kitty has to stay at the vet for the night.

I decide ok, for some reason the truck had oil pressure while being driven and it wasn't until I pulled into the parking lot that I lost it, so I decide to see if it has pressure restarting it and it did. The dealer is on the same highway as the vet, a few miles south of where I was and there are no stoplights between us so I managed to get it to the dealer and when I pulled into their lot, lost pressure again. But, at least I didn't have to pay for a tow or sit out in the hot sun waiting for hours for a tow truck.

I could use some cheering up here :(

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
That sucks, Rox. Nobody needs either of those things to happen, and you score the double!

Heres hoping both problems turn out ok and don’t break the bank.

Chin up, it could always be worse...

cheers

Spartom

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully both Mr. GQ and your truck get all their fluids flowing.

Don't know if this is cheer up material, but I came home from the store to find Butterscotch giving me the "where have you been?!" look.

Where_have_you_been.JPG

fry

Reaction score
That sucks, but there’s somebody else that always has it worse. I’d be much more upset about my pet than my vehicle personally. I found out last week that a guy I used to work with had a pretty bad stroke. He’s only 52, my age. It has been a rough few days, but it looks like he is heading the right direction. Long way to go, though. News like that puts it all in perspective for me.

Howard2k

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Roxy.

Some guitar time and maybe a drink when you make it home.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Oh, of course Mr. GQ is more important. My truck is a 17 year old rolling shit pile anymore. I'm just trying to make it last another 3 years until my mortgage is paid off. I just wish it hadn't needed a repair at the same time as my kitty. It could have waited a couple more days.

smk506

Reaction score
That sucks. :confused:

Hope Mr. GQ makes a full recovery, that’s the biggie there.

Olds442

Reaction score
Mr GQ has a great owner. That should make you happy. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Cars and trucks only break down at the worst possible time. I think it's a rule.

Deftone

Reaction score
I remember once having a miserable day, bad break up, super depressed. Turned out the light and went to bed with just my lava lamp glowing. I thought to myself "could this get any worse?" And just then my lava lamp exploded. Made a huge mess. I had to laugh.

S. Rock

Reaction score
hi Kid !,
hope GQ gets better soon. since you were getting oil pressure, it doesn't sound like anything major. it could be the oil sending unit that is going out. a simple fix.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I remember once having a miserable day, bad break up, super depressed. Turned out the light and went to bed with just my lava lamp glowing. I thought to myself "could this get any worse?" And just then my lava lamp exploded. Made a huge mess. I had to laugh.
Oh, hell, never say that! Things can always get much, much worse!

hi Kid !,
hope GQ gets better soon. since you were getting oil pressure, it doesn't sound like anything major. it could be the oil sending unit that is going out. a simple fix.
Yeah, oil pump, sensor or oil leak somewhere but no oil in the driveway.

S. Rock

Reaction score
Oh, hell, never say that! Things can always get much, much worse!

Yeah, oil pump, sensor or oil leak somewhere but no oil in the driveway.
see ? that's a good thing. things ain't all bad. :)

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Since it had oil pressure and then dropped after driving some, twice, it sounds like the sending unit is failing open when it get hot.

Simple R&R and you'll be good to go.

And best wishes for a speedy recovery for Mr. GQ!

KP11520

Reaction score
Pussy Cats RULE!

You sound like you've similar luck. LOL

My previous cat had FUS. Low ash food if you can find it. The chemical the Vet wants you to put in his food to make the crystals dissolve usually makes the food taste bad and they don't eat it. But My guy died New Year's Day 2000 in my arms and lived to almost 18. Hopefully, they have better options.

As far as intermittent Oil Pressure, 99 times out of 100, it's the sensor and or wiring. You have a Dodge, so you can bet it's a sensor. Been there done that TOO! LOL

Stop copying me!

Good Luck. And if you're up to it, you can change the sensor yourself. You might need a special socket.

Cheers! Always remember, you have the BEST family at home!

socialhero

Reaction score
Let us all reflect on the fact that there may be tons of human clowns that would crown themselves Mr. GQ — but Cats, however, are much more proud, much less adept at human language, and likely DGAF about being coined Mr. GQ.

Which makes it all the more obvious to me that your cat is a legit BAMF, and is indeed Mr. GQ.

He’s as lucky to have you as you are to have him. :laugh2:

Best wishes for him, and the truck. :thumb:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Bad happens in batches sometimes. :sadwave:

I wish Mr. GQ the best for a speedy recovery.

I'm hoping the best for the truck too.

Latest Threads