I'm gonna plant me a steak garden!

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take THAT, hippies! :D

Memphis Meats raised $161 million to grow meat from cells

New York (CNN Business) Memphis Meats, which grows meat from animal cells, just got a huge endorsement from some big-named backers. That will take it one step closer to selling its product, but it's still a long way off from hitting store shelves.

The five-year-old startup said Wednesday it raised another $161 million in a new round of financing. The latest round of fundraising is led by SoftBank Group, Norwest and Temasek. It also includes flashy investors like Bill Gates and Richard Branson, as well as meat companies Tyson (TSN) and Cargill.

That brings the company's total funding above $180 million.

Memphis Meats is one of a number of young companies attempting to source meat from animal cells rather than by slaughtering animals. Consumers shouldn't be able to tell the difference between cultured and traditional meat, the company claims.

PeteK

Reaction score
Why not? I mean, Japan makes meat out of actual shit. At least these guys just use "cells".

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm.........

....making meat out of meat...???

Interesting concept.

:hmm:
cheers

lancpudn

Reaction score
That is going to be HUGE. I can see the eating of mammals ending maybe in my lifetime! :dunno: One thing the MSM hasn't really cottoned onto yet (over here) is that the governments who have signed up to the Net-Zero by 2050 isn't just about trains planes & automobiles!:run:

They've been concentrating on BEV's & diesel but the second piece of the puzzle is about farming/dairy & cattle are the next big emitters after transport and the powers that be want to address that issue as well as land usage for a zero carbon future. :wow:They want the population to have a more plant based diet.
The new European union commissioner Ursula Von der Leyen want's to bring forward the 2050 date to 2030 :eek2:

I most likely wont be around to see that madness but I think I might just get meself a yellow vest from the ebay just in case :thumb:

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is going to be HUGE. I can see the eating of mammals ending maybe in my lifetime! :dunno: One thing the MSM hasn't really cottoned onto yet (over here) is that the governments who have signed up to the Net-Zero by 2050 isn't just about trains planes & automobiles!:run:

They've been concentrating on BEV's & diesel but the second piece of the puzzle is about farming/dairy & cattle are the next big emitters after transport and the powers that be want to address that issue as well as land usage for a zero carbon future. :wow:They want the population to have a more plant based diet.
The new European union commissioner Ursula Von der Leyen want's to bring forward the 2050 date to 2030 :eek2:

I most likely wont be around to see that madness but I think I might just get meself a yellow vest from the ebay just in case :thumb:
I have a BIG problem with these clowns thinking they will decide what people will be allowed to have. Better to toss them all out NOW. Social engineering, brainwashing, and interference at its worst and most intrusive.
Toss them out now while you still can.

Last edited:

KP11520

Reaction score
I hope the culture dish version of black pudding is just as good as the real thing. :thumb:

What do you mean there's no drippings for Yorkshire pudding? (he's returning in November) LOL

Can't wait to try the dairy products from said culture dish farms.

Fresh mootz will be DIVINE! LOL

Scooter2112

Reaction score
In 2050, I'll be 84 years old.

So, I'll do my best to eat as many cows as possible until they're fazed out.

What a great time to be alive! :dude:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
When they can grow white tail bucks and does, then maybe I'll give it a try.