I'm gonna do a colon cleanse

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
I used to suffer from constipation a lot for many years.

Then one week, I got very, very sick - couldn't eat anything, my eyes turned a different color, and I was getting sick every few minutes. I had a low grade fever. I thought it was stomach flu. But I went to the ER, got admitted and the next day they found out my gallbladder wasn't working but they didn't know why. When they got in there, my gallbladder was decomposing, infected, and it basically turned into mush. It basically died. It was bad.

Often times that symptom can be a sign of an ailing gallbladder. I was told I should have had mine removed years ago, the normal way of it being an outpatient elective procedure after reporting upper right belly pain. I had pains off and on in that area but never put two and two together.

The typical american diet which I'm very guilty of is very bad for your gallbladder. Your gallbladder stores bile made from the liver which breaks down fat and if it's overworked, you can get either stones or it will just stop functioning (mine was the latter, plus the decomposing part). Also if you have a bad gallbladder, a meal with fat in it can replicate pain and sickness and that's a good indicator too. You can either have a ultrasound or a HIDA scan.

I'd say if I do a cleanse in the future - it will be a liver/gallbladder cleanse. I don't have a gallbladder for it to clean anymore, but it can clean my liver.

After the surgery, I had so much more energy and felt much less "sickly". And the constipation problem disappeared. The problem is, if you eat a big meal high in fat, and you don't have a gallbladder, there better be a restroom nearby. It's been that I've had to stop eating a meal to go. So yeah, FYI.

NewDayHappy

Reaction score
I did a gallbladder cleanse and I passed 100 stones that looked like rabbit pellets. This was 1 1/2 years ago, back when my alcoholism was at it's peak. Had severe pain in my lower back on the right side. Pretty scary stuff.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I have heard some people do coffee enemas. Kill two birds with one stone.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just got conformation that my kit ships out today! Ive been doing really good with what ive been eating too. Ive been eating mainly just oatmeal, bananas, clementines, apples, greens ect. Ive already lost a little weight just by doing this. And as mentioned before, im eating a fiber one bar daily as well.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well that and the caloric intake im getting. im not eating a lot by any means. egg beaters for breakfast, hardly any calories there. oatmeal and a un ripe banana for lunch, again not many calories and the banana isnt ripe so its still complex carbs. in the evening ill have greens and fish, or chicken. a couple clementines for desert. im probably way under my basil metabolic rate.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I dont really have constipation so to say... i have no trouble going when i have to go. but sometimes i only have a movement every other day. sometimes its every day, but it varies.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For those that mentioned psyllium, here is what they say about it.

"The 3 Day Cleanse does not scrape along like other fibers or cause contractions and cramps like laxatives. It cleans the entire colon - small intestine and large intestine - without unwanted side effects, pain, or bloating. This is the ONLY cleanse in the world that contains the Oil Palm Fiber, and I promise - this is unlike any other cleanse you have tried.

Most Colon Cleanses are just the same rehash of things like psyllium, bentonite, slippery elm, marshmellow, harsh herbs like casacara sagrada, senna, and others. I know because I used to work at a health food store and I am familiar with all the name brands. These inferior fibers work by sweeping the colon and can work, but it will probably take 30 days or longer.

Also, psyllium and bentonite can do more harm than good, considering bentonite is up to 35% Aluminum, and psyllium can harden like cement, creating an adverse constipating reaction. When mixed with water, psyllium produces a substance called mucilage which is similar to adhesive glue binding to the fecal matter. Also, psyllium can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals and can lower blood sugar, so it is not recommended for diabetics. The 3 Day Cleanse key ingredient, oil palm trunk fiber, penetrates the fecal matter and lubricates the colon wall. This is a safer and more effective process."

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know I know, it may, or may not be true.

What peaks my interest in this particular cleanse is the feed back its received.

The fact that they call out psyllium peaks my interest to this one as well, as thats what used in a lot of cleanses to produce the long rubbery stools. This one does not use it.

Latest Threads