I'm going to shoot you first.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
If you're going to quick draws, why the hell are they using Glocks? Not that I have a problem with Glocks. They are my favorite pistols. But when I think quick draw, I think single-action revolver....the way it should be.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you're going to quick draws, why the hell are they using Glocks? Not that I have a problem with Glocks. They are my favorite pistols. But when I think quick draw, I think single-action revolver....the way it should be.

Oh I don't know, I think matched black powder deuling pistols at 30 paces, turn and fire. They can even slap each other in the face with gloves before they start.

Shelbyblues

Reaction score
Oh I don't know, I think matched black powder deuling pistols at 30 paces, turn and fire. They can even slap each other in the face with gloves before they start.

barry%2Blyndon%2Bduel2.JPG

Mike-t

Reaction score
It's kind of sad how many posts I needed to get through before I ran into one from someone that read the actual article and saw that they were using simulation bullets that won't pierce the skin.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
not real bullets.

Still a pretty stupid idea.

tenchijin2

Reaction score
It's silly but not stupid. In some of the tactical training I've done, force on force encounters were used as a very important learning tool. We didn't wear body armor aside from safety glasses and ear protection. I have been shot by simunition. It stings, that's all. It leaves a welt, and a red mark. It's not dangerous, even a little.

45WinMag

Reaction score
It's silly but not stupid. In some of the tactical training I've done, force on force encounters were used as a very important learning tool. We didn't wear body armor aside from safety glasses and ear protection. I have been shot by simunition. It stings, that's all. It leaves a welt, and a red mark. It's not dangerous, even a little.

I agree that it isn't the slightest bit dangerous, but I have seen it break skin. Mine.

We weren't wearing the body armor to protect us from the simunitions, we were wearing it because we would be wearing it on deployment. We needed to train in the gear we would be carrying (it's a hell of a lot easier to exit a vehicle without body armor, especially if you are crawling through to exit the opposite side).

EDS1275

Banned
Reaction score
don't care whether folks want to keep guns, its just not my thing. don't really see a need unless you're in a job, a location, or necessary situation where chances are high you might need to use it for purpose intended... blowing some criminals brains out.

its the fear mongering for weaponry that does concern. most people go through life minding their own business without so much as raising a hand to anybody.

as a citizen of nyc and surrounding area my whole life I've never considered owning. but I tell you what, when I retire semi off grid on a whole bunch of acreage, bet your ass i'll be packin'.

when ya live in high populated area, your target risk is low. however when you're the only house around when a serial killer exits a highway lookin for some fun......:thumb:

tenchijin2

Reaction score
I agree that it isn't the slightest bit dangerous, but I have seen it break skin. Mine.

We weren't wearing the body armor to protect us from the simunitions, we were wearing it because we would be wearing it on deployment. We needed to train in the gear we would be carrying (it's a hell of a lot easier to exit a vehicle without body armor, especially if you are crawling through to exit the opposite side).
Totally sensible. You should train in the gear you will use, for obvious reasons. I was just giving some context for early posters to this thread who seemed to not grasp the idea that Simunition is a very safe product. Seems like many people initially thought these were real bullets. The fact that the contestants will be wearing body armor seems like total overkill but I imagine from a liability perspective it's best to cover your bases.

Latest Threads