I'm going to shoot you first.

lunchbox

Reaction score
That's kinda cool.

But it would be way cooler if they were using real bullets instead of simunition.

DRF

Reaction score
I've been on kind of a gun kick lately and watching lots of videos, training stuff, you name it. At first yer like "what a bunch of goofs" -and this is coming from someone who grew up with firearms and I still like them very much.

However after getting re situated with it again and getting over that hump which admittedly has mostly to do with mind programing and location . But after watching responsible enthusiasts, I get it, I read the OP's article and I though, why not?.

Its the idiots waving real guns around with no training (and criminals) that give it a bad name.

EDS1275

Banned
Reaction score
face it. guns are only worth firing for the purpose of killing.
target shooting? puuuuhhleeeese. boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnngggg!!!

DRF

Reaction score
Target shooting (going to a range) has its merits but like another sport such as Golf there is much more to the over all experience -and none of it has to do with killing anything -again like Golf.

Is it possible to enjoy firearms without killing stuff?, yes it is.

Hack

Reaction score
Dont feed it.

Second thought, why the hell not?

rvschulz

Reaction score
as a 'responsible' gun owner I am freaked out about this 'bar quick-draw' scenario. I own a few Glocks. I wonder how different it would look compared to mine. I can imagine someone eventually smuggling in the real thing. why not ?? they do much worse things nowadays.

additionally, since the paint marker bullets will hurt - how about I let you shoot me in the 'armor' 10x or whatever, then I shoot you in the shins with my mag dump. I could foresee a little brawl coming on.

I think it would be much more interesting to let them use tasers.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
“You’ll get two points for a head shot and one point for anything to the (body) vest,” fast draw inventor and former bounty hunter Nephi Oliva said. “You can score a maximum of 12 points, but there’s no time limit, so it’s almost like a boxing match with bullets.”

How does this train anyone? you just shoot until you're empty and hope you made more hits him then him on you..... minus results of how a real inflicted wound would change the dynamics drastically.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
I don't like shooting people. I don't like shooting AT people. And I certainly don't like people shooting at me. I have experienced more than my share of all of them. The notion of making a game of shooting at people is repulsive and repugnant to me. The eager interest paid to participation in and support of this should be considered symptomatic of something very disturbing.

Shelbyblues

Reaction score
face it. guns are only worth firing for the purpose of killing.
target shooting? puuuuhhleeeese. boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnngggg!!!

It's just a matter of perspective.

Girls-with-guns-99229197457.jpeg

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't like shooting people. I don't like shooting AT people. And I certainly don't like people shooting at me. I have experienced more than my share of all of them. The notion of making a game of shooting at people is repulsive and repugnant to me. The eager interest paid to participation in and support of this should be considered symptomatic of something very disturbing.

Best post yet. I wish I could like this a million times.

If you have a hard-on to shoot at people, there is something wrong and you shouldn't be allowed near a weapon.

45WinMag

Reaction score
Simunitions freakin' hurt. Last time I trained with them, we were exiting a disabled vehicle under fire then moving to a secondary vehicle to speed away (get off the "X"). We were wearing our issue body armor plus goggles and face mask. My left shoulder was bleeding and I still have a scar on my left arm.

In training, unlike paintball, simunitions cause enough pain that you will place more emphasis on trying not to get shot than playing cowboy.

Eric Smith

Reaction score
Not saying that I'd go and to it, but before anyone gripes about it any more how about doing a google search on it and take a look at the tactical gear that they wear. I'm sure that it is similar to what is being proposed here.

sonar1

Reaction score
How does this train anyone?...

Actually since most training scenarios don't involve actually facing another person and pulling the trigger on them, it's not unusual for a highly trained person to be at about half their capacity in a man on man situation with adrenaline flowing, especially since paper targets don't shoot back.

Those who think they may someday be in such a situation probably should avail themselves of a firearms training institute where Simulated ammo is used in man on man scenarios.

Making a bar sport out of it however, is a trend I don't like seeing.

Gun people can be creepy enough as-is (and hey, I'M a gun people).:hmm:

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Making a bar sport out of it however, is a trend I don't like seeing.

This is why I asked, you leave the guided training scenario and are now in the ring, each time. I could be wrong, but I bet a lot of video game players like those into Call of Duty and the likes be drawn to this.

Latest Threads