I'm a traitor

SnakeJake

Reaction score
I started learning about the guitar at the age of 10 years old. My first one was a guitar that was very old and beat up and for some reason my dad never threw it away. For that fact alone I am very glad he didn't. I spotted it for the first time standing up in the corner of of his bedroom and my first thought was maybe Dad would let me have it. I was already showing an interest in music by the time I was 5 years old. Dad knew that I was musically inclined so of course he never hesitated and let me have it. I was so proud of that old ugly guitar and always had it in my hands. So it was acoustic guitar for me. On my 16 the birthday Dad bought me a copy of the ES 335 . Now it was all about electric guitars for me. I practiced night and day. I couldn't get enough of that sound. First thing I learned was an electronic guitar exposes all your mistakes. I never stopped trying to get control and eventually I was playing with great ease. So it took about 40 years to get my all time favorite. American Fender Strat. Brand new. Then along came my Telecaster. THEN I discovered the Gibson LesPaul. It was love at first sight. That never changed. But now I just inherited a 1973Martin D28. I played this very guitar many times . I hadn't touched this one in nearly 43 years until last week when I was given that very guitar. I haven't picked up my LP since. I feel guilty . I feel like a traitor. HELP!!!

wildhawk1

Reaction score
I started on acoustic in 1981 and am not thankful it wasn't electric.

For a beginner I can't recommend acoustic over electric enough. There's no messing around. You get what you put in and nothing else.

Traitor would be playing a banjo IMHO. :hmm:

SnakeJake

Reaction score
I started on acoustic in 1981 and am not thankful it wasn't electric.

For a beginner I can't recommend acoustic over electric enough. There's no messing around. You get what you put in and nothing else.

Traitor would be playing a banjo IMHO. :hmm:
My second acoustic guitar was a 12 string Arnold Hoyer. Friggin thing was bigger then me! Lol I have small hands and that guitar beat the crap out of me but I kept playing everyday.

Dilver

Reaction score
I go through 4-8 year spurts playing other guitars, but I always come back to the Les Paul.

Latest Threads