I'm a terrible facebooker

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Facebook is great depending on how a person uses it. I get to keep up with old friends easily on there, and in many cases have become reacquainted with folks I hadn't seen in years. For a lot of people it's kind of like going to a giant club, where potentially millions of people might find and interact with you. It's also pretty easy to sift out the people you don't want to deal with - The political ranters, assholes looking for a fight, kids, and weird social media narcissists. Or whatever. Plus, for me, my vocation depends largely on tapping into issues people care about, and Facebook is a good way to figure out what's important to them at any given time.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most of the people I know who have 1000+ friends, have that many because they're artists, musicians, models, or writers of note. They're activities generate interest, and people flock to them.

wwit

Reaction score
Currently I only have 16 friends on my list. Half are relatives. The other half are long time long distance friends that live too far away or that I just don't see often. Most of my close friends who I see regularly aren't on my list at all.

But 1 of my FB friends is a long time member and regular poster here at MLP. I have read a zillion of his threads. But it was only just recently that I found thru the Classmates site that he was one of my best friends in HS. And taught me my first cords back in 1978.

d1m1

Reaction score
upload a profil pic of a hot chick in bikini. you´ll have 2.000 friends in a week :D

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's also pretty easy to sift out the people you don't want to deal with - The political ranters, assholes looking for a fight, kids, and weird social media narcissists.
Yet you have not unfriended me after how many years? :laugh2: :thumb:

Reaction score
upload a profil pic of a hot chick in bikini. you´ll have 2.000 friends in a week :D
True story...

I have a relative who worked (years ago) trying to catch pervs online.
These were the days of Microsoft chat, so you know it was at least 10-15 years ago.

He told me if I really want to know how bad it is in cyberland to make an account and use a female name. So I did. I used "Sarah18" and entered a chat room. Within minutes I was getting private messages, requests to go on camera the whole nine yards. It was mind blowing.

My daughter was young at the time, but as she got older I always insisted on having access to her accounts and watched who she was talking to and what they were saying to her. Males are dogs man, just dogs.

JohnnyN

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't arse myself to login on FB and check - but IIRC I have about 40 friends there too. I think I'm doing great :D

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Most of the people I know who have 1000+ friends, have that many because they're artists, musicians, models, or writers of note. They're activities generate interest, and people flock to them.
That's about the ONLY thing positive about FB - self-promotion.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
how do you get work done if you're always promoting yourself?

never quite got that.

..or maybe I just work really slow and don't like the distraction.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
It's good for one thing: girls. Get way better results using that stupid FB messenger than by texting alone, especially with those quirky Android dames.

See a hottie, randomly add friend, wait for her to accept, and viola!

"OMG! Are we friends??"

We are now.