I'm a terrible facebooker

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
After 8 years I only have 40 friends and they're people I actually know/ride with and my immediate family.

I guess I'm doing it wrong.

chasenblues

Reaction score
I'm worser :thumb:

8 yrs.
9 "Friend's".
(1 being a family member)

:laugh2:

DavGrape

Reaction score
I got 5 friends after 4 years and that's where it's staying.
I'm sure I'm doing it right.
If you're not related, you don't need to know; and I don't need to know, either.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
They guys I ride with have a closed group on FB, makes planning trips easier. I have unfollowed most of them so I don't have to read about their *whatever*.

Gary

Reaction score
It's like fire. It can be good, or it can be bad.

I joined 8 years ago to stay in touch with my deployed military sons. Managed to reconnect with some old friends and family on the other side of the country too. I usually hold my tongue with some of the carp I read. But today, I finally caved and spoke my mind on something. Everyone will probably unfriend me now. Hopefully MLP won't. I like to see the cool guitar pix. :D

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
It can be a good way to follow the rest of the family. I've also been fortunate to hook up with several old lost buds. The extra stuff drives me crazy though.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
FB works kinda like real life for the most part. If you are social and have friends in real life, you'll tend to have more on FB as well, and interact regularly. Unless you choose not to do the FB thing all the time. I dislike it, but still have around 220 or so. About the same for my business FB page. I just prefer the real thing...in person.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
FB works kinda like real life for the most part. If you are social and have friends in real life, you'll tend to have more on FB as well, and interact regularly.
I do the gym, cycle, ride motorcycles and teach new riders on and off the track. I'm active with people everyday. All with real people. It has nothing to do with how I use Facebook.

TKOjams

Reaction score
Been on FB for, 4 or 5 years, 658 friends. people like watching guitars being built, and migrate over from my YT page. I've even sold a few custom builds to FB friends...

RichBrew

Reaction score
I've been on Facebook since 2007. I have 140-odd friends; the majority of which I have met at least once. I have blocked almost all of those from my news feed and rarely respond to personal messages.

It is what it is, and I keep the lid tightly on.

RichBrew

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Maybe you should become a "faceboober"?

It's so easy, a baby can do it.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I'm not on it either. I don't get all the unecessary stuff people
post there. I have more friends here on MLP. Some have become really good friends in real life too. Take that Zuckerberg!

MichaelAndrew3435

Premium Member
Reaction score
Social media in general can be either good or bad depending on the user. I think it's great that we can easily keep in touch with old friends and family. What bothers me is the narcissistic people who take 100+ photos of themselves and use one as their background photo. These are also the same people who have over 1,000 "friends", and feel the need to post 10x a day about what they do, eat, ect. I often wonder what exactly goes through these peoples minds. Are some people so self absorbed to a point where they think everyone wants to know what they're doing and who they're with? I also hate Twitter with every inch of my body, and how some of my employees (most under the age of 21) say "hashtag" out loud before they say something. I'm not cool and trendy enough to understand some of the young people I guess.

ElCamino

Reaction score
I'm a terrible facebooker. ... I guess I'm doing it wrong.
For what it's worth, I actually judge folks who are "good" Facebookers as a rung or three below those who are bad at it or don't have a Facebook page at all. Sorta like good bowlers and lock pickers.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I actually judge folks who are "good" Facebookers as a rung or three below those who are bad at it or don't have a Facebook page at all. Sorta like good bowlers and lock pickers.
:lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yt0gXLkh0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yt0gXLkh0[/ame]

MooCheng

Reaction score
nope' no facebook here,
and its staying that way

apart from a few people here I've grown to like, I don't do the internet friends thing.
last thing I need is some needy twat pestering the living daylight outta me