I'm a dad

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
Title says it all :cool2:

Little man was born a few days ago. 3.75kg, or 8 pounds 4 ounces.

My first child. I couldn't be happier. It's a life changing experience as I'm sure the other dads here will agree.

I've taken some time off work, and giving as much help as I can to my Mrs. I want to send a shout out to all the mothers out there, because its hard work.

It may not be rocket science (feeding, nappy changes, burping etc) - but it is relentless and exhausting, much more than I though it would be. I can see why many mothers struggle if they don't have adequate support.

Really looking forward to raising him and guiding him to become the best man he can be. :h5:

cheers

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Julie Newmar in her day the mom? Me Ow!

You DAWG You! LOL

Congrats to you and the Mrs! Now everything you do and choose has even more meaning! Do it well!

BKS

Reaction score
Congrats on the little guy. Life from now will never be the same again.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Congratulations!
I’m just gonna share what someone told me when we had our first:
They brought over some food and asked how we were doing. He was a difficult baby and to be honest, we kinda looked at each other and they were like “Don’t feel bad.... we hated it at first.”
It’s ok to be sorta miserable during this adjustment. Make a conscious commitment to be patient with each other.
You’ll settle in and it will all be worth it.

Hopefully you won’t have any trouble and won’t need any of this advice, but hearing from some trusted friends took a lot of guilt off my conscience, for feeling like I wasn’t gonna be able to do this.

Congratulations again!

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Congratulations! Definitely life changing.

Now all you gotta do is survive the first 12 weeks! After that, every day gets better.

Cheers

Nard

Reaction score
Congratulations. Mine are grown up now but those first moments and early years still seem like it all happened yesterday when I think about them. Enjoy every moment.

meatball

Reaction score
Tell the truth ,,, are you trying to raise a roadie ???!!!! Congrats man ,, hoping for a healthy happy one man ...

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
On behalf of grandparents everywhere, we appreciate your participation!

Mega congrats. You got yourself a new nap buddy. Nothing like it!

Latest Threads